Fav hot sauce's?

Dec 22, 2021
This has been at the top of the rotation after we met the owners out in La Jolla one night. Was initially made in the US but it looks like they moved production to Mexico now and upped the sodium content. Still good and natural though.

X2

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Tapatio - perfect heat and great black pepper flavor.
Works on Everything.
Easy to find and inexpensive.

Bottle in the cupboard. Bottle in the van. Bottle in the backpack. Bottle at grandmas house.
Always.

View attachment 102423

Just bought two more bottles of this.

While a fan of trying new things and expanding one's horizons (beyond the curve), have found that sometimes 'tried and true' still makes sense.

Reactions: buttholesurfer

warble2

Gerry Lopez status
May 5, 2008
Have we covered the Tapatio Vs Cholula debate?

Essentially the same flavor, but I find the little wood cap to be a pandering marketing ploy and weak attempt to dress up what should be a basic daily driver hot sauce. For that reason alone, Tapatio for life.

• Love
Reactions: kpd73

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Often for Christmas, several family members always give me generic sampler packs of GOD knows where this stuff came from hot sauce.
Once in awhile there'll be a good one. This one is ok. It's one I sacrificed for my lunches at work.
Ingredients: Vinegar, Carolina Reaper pepper mash and salt... the usual preservatives xanthan gum, ascorbic and citric acids. But China so who really
knows.

IMG_20220131_211459171~2.jpg

Last edited:

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
^^ I'm sort of done with those level 100 azz of fire, 3am wakeup call stomach rumple fire drill ones, at least for now.
Red or green serrano chili is my favorite level of heat for hot sauce.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Have we covered the Tapatio Vs Cholula debate?

Essentially the same flavor, but I find the little wood cap to be a pandering marketing ploy and weak attempt to dress up what should be a basic daily driver hot sauce. For that reason alone, Tapatio for life.
Some of the new Cholo flavors are not chill.