Fav hot sauce's?

Peter1

Nep status
Jul 29, 2005
Habanero Tabasco is my go to desert island one-sauce-to-rule-them-all option

View attachment 102418

I have been favoring Texas Pete's for tex-mexy type stuff....usually leftovers that I've
rejiggered in to something new

View attachment 102419

Lao Gan Ma chilli crisp is my latest add...you can put this stuff on pretty much every
cuisine imaginable and it works wonders. Not super spicy, but there are hotter chilli
crisp options out there. I buy three bottles every time I am at the store, one gets used
up quick, second is backup until I get to market again, and the third one I give away to
someone who has not tried it yet....I'M A BELIEBER!

View attachment 102420
We make this at home. Easier than you think. We always have a jug in the fridge. Killer on eggs, pork loin, slap it on rice with a fried egg and it's heaven.

Regarding hot sauce, I'm over the ones that try to singe off your taste buds. I always go back to Cholula as a daily driver. Although the green Tabasco is sneaky good.

I've also taken to making my own sauce with a base of dried anchos and adding chili pepper powder to adjust the heat.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
We make this at home. Easier than you think. We always have a jug in the fridge. Killer on eggs, pork loin, slap it on rice with a fried egg and it's heaven.

Regarding hot sauce, I'm over the ones that try to singe off your taste buds. I always go back to Cholula as a daily driver. Although the green Tabasco is sneaky good.

I've also taken to making my own sauce with a base of dried anchos and adding chili pepper powder to adjust the heat.
The green Cholula is killer if you can find it.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Crazy Bastard Sauces. There's one for every occasion. Easy to find online. Ships worldwide. Try it if you dare. Kills COVID-19 too. Prolly.

Crazy B Sauce

Website kicks arse, lists ingredients right there, in case you crazy enough to try make at home

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Anybody have any simple sauce recipes that can be made in a blender or something that don’t require too many steps and ingredients?

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I've made stuff like this but sh2tcanned the cumin and sugar. I also don't see much need to sh1tcan the skins if you're pulverizing it in something like a Vitamix. Reconstitute, remove seeds, add salt, vinegar, maybe garlic powder, xanthan gum if you're storing it and/or want to stabilize it. Use the chilis you want instead of the ones in the recipe (arbol etc for heat, chipotle for smoke, others for sweet, etc), funnel into woozy bottles.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
JUST had three godo drops of this shat...not bad taste...more than decent chemical burn. my brother has a nice red tone....my tongue is enjoying it....forehad not even damp....but the tongue is definitely going to a different place.
#notamansbutthole

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
JUST had three godo drops of this shat...not bad taste...more than decent chemical burn. my brother has a nice red tone....my tongue is enjoying it....forehad not even damp....but the tongue is definitely going to a different place.
#notamansbutthole

forgot the link

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
fug. just had a tamale drenched in

nothign else in my gut on the day. flavor...but the burn is kicking in full gear. endorphins bouncing like mad. hopefully it doesnt bounce off my gut. while i have a history of it..not a fan of morning puke action

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Mostly I just dice up different peppers and add them into whatever I'm eating. Finally getting good jalapenos again lately. I love all hot sauces except for maybe Tobasco. I'll throw this one out there. She's nice and she's sweet. Good for breakfast foods.

Daily driver being my wife is from CR not really hot but good curry like flavor great with eggs better with tamales from CR and arroz con pollo