Fav hot sauce's?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
IMO you can sick of any hot sauce if you eat it too much. It’s really just a convenient shelf stable replacement for good salsa.

Yucateco green has been my daily driver for 2 decades now :beer:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
  • 8 oz. water
  • 2 oz. white vinegar
  • 1 tsp. Hawaiian rock salt, ‘alaea salt, or kosher salt
  • 1 clove garlic, smashed
  • 1–3 fresh red chili peppers, preferably Hawaiian (hot)
Boil water. Cool. In a clean glass jar or bottle, add water, vinegar, garlic, salt and chili pepper. Cover and let sit two days in a cool place before using. Store in refrigerator.

like everything hawaiian, the longer you let it sit and "miko" the better
with this you can make pickled maui onion and other pickled stuffs

Hawaiian Chilis only score 50,000 to 70,000 on the Scoville Heat Unit scale
Usually the smaller they are the hotter they are

They were used as corporal punishment in place of a belt when we were kids
no eat your vegetables
you get a hawaiian chili rubbed on your lips and tongue and you stand facing the corner until you eat your vegetables.

Made some more of this a month back for holiday gifts (to go with the homemade lemoncello). I added three allspice pods to make it "more Christmassy".

Thanks again for the recipe.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
sounds tatsy af. ive been addicted to this mango scotch bonnet sauce i picked up. mango and spice = :love:
may be able to purchase it through the gift shop at the 4 Seasons Nevis, they may ship you a box for shits and giggles. And charge god knows how much.

I actually got a hold of Llewellyn himself via email, but he eventually flaked out on me and I haven't tried again since. BUT, turns out the assistant Golf pro at my sister' country club in Dallas is from Nevis (an Island of only 10,000 residents mind you), so his sister always brings us back a dozen bottles every time she comes back to Dallas from a visit home to Nevis. Those are always happy days when that box shows up

Reactions: CutnSnip

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
may be able to purchase it through the gift shop at the 4 Seasons Nevis, they may ship you a box for shits and giggles. And charge god knows how much.

I actually got a hold of Llewellyn himself via email, but he eventually flaked out on me and I haven't tried again since. BUT, turns out the assistant Golf pro at my sister' country club in Dallas is from Nevis (an Island of only 10,000 residents mind you), so his sister always brings us back a dozen bottles every time she comes back to Dallas from a visit home to Nevis. Those are always happy days when that box shows up
please remember me

• Haha
Reactions: CutnSnip and Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
We're takin a 3 week road trip in March to Dallas, via the Appalachian Interstates and scenic highways, with stops in Ashville, the Smoky Mountains, some day hikes and sight seeing etc. I'll see if my sister can put in a big order with the golf pro now, and maybe by March, his sister will have gone to Nevis and returned with a box full of Hot Manna from Heaven

update- my sister found the golf pros name and texted about a sauce order. I put in for a dozen bottles

Last edited:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
all hail!
Against all odds, we have SCORED ese. And, we are hoping to fly out on the 9th for a week at Jen and robs place on the strand in MB. Shall I bring you a bottle? It just keeps getting better every time I score a shipment.

And I think all parties involved would be happy to host an erBB cookout on their patio. Now that they “know” you’re all (mostly) not a bunch of weridos from the internet, Jen and rob loved hanging with you guys and I have no doubt would host another surf and turf gathering at tower 42 and their patio, which as you know may be one of the finest patios in all of MB
4BA1C23B-7503-4A5D-A169-41B1CDF3FC26.jpeg

Reactions: brukuns

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
Against all odds, we have SCORED ese. And, we are hoping to fly out on the 9th for a week at Jen and robs place on the strand in MB. Shall I bring you a bottle? It just keeps getting better every time I score a shipment.

And I think all parties involved would be happy to host an erBB cookout on their patio. Now that they “know” you’re all (mostly) not a bunch of weridos from the internet, Jen and rob loved hanging with you guys and I have no doubt would host another surf and turf gathering at tower 42 and their patio, which as you know may be one of the finest patios in all of MB
View attachment 123392
THAT and THAT is what im talking about! keep me posted

Reactions: Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
All set. We arrive LAX 9:30 am February 8. Staying until the 15th. There will be road trips and overnights from Rincon to Point Loma. Hit me up Fam I’ll be highly mobile and even more highly motivated to surf and see a bunch of you beautiful bastards.

I’m not bringing any boards since I’m not fat anymore I can ride anything. If anyone has a hypto or Pavel or any sort of decent 5’10 to 6’2 thruster to lend me I’d be extremely grateful and generous with the uni feast afterwards

@tenover a night in Point Loma finally after all these years?
@bonzer5fin i want to surf strand and mock the mafia
ErBB Open at beacons?
@gbg I’ll be expecting at least one session on the firing range

Reactions: brukuns

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
A drum circle and animal sacrifice one night to appease the angry and moody crypto gods?