Fav hot sauce's?

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
I am a fan of D'Elidas. Pretty frickin bomb!

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I will buy anyone chili crisp that wants it

I am the johnny fkn appleseed of chili crisp

Reactions: retodd

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Just sampled 6 flavors from 3 brands recommended here. Not on food, just a small spoonful of each. Delidas, Bluebird jalapeno & habanero condiment, and a Char Man variety pack.

Delidas: Very good. Nice texture. Strong vinegar and chili right away. Just a touch of sweetness from the carrots, pretty much just right. 5/7 would bang again.
Bluebird jalapeno: Meh. Too sweet, more like ketchup or sriracha. Tossed it, least favorite in the bunch.
Bluebird habanero: Pretty good. Similar to Delidas with the assertive vinegar and chili front end, but sweeter.
Char Man original: Also pretty good. Similar to a Molcajete salsa in color and flavor profile. Borderline too sweet for my taste, but solid. Nice fruit note on the back end from the lemon.
Char Man Caribbean: Good with nice fruit flavors from the pineapple and mango, but too sweet for me.
Char Man green: Typically not a fan of green of green sauces so I'm not a good judge, but seemed like a good choice if that's your thing.

Will update in a few weeks after I try these on some food. Seems that the American made brands are catering to people who grew up smothering everything in ketchup, leading them to be on the sweeter side, which is why I am leaning toward Delidas for the time being.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Have any of you had that sh!t in the South where there is peppers floating in vinegar?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I was in Hanoi at a street side restaurant at 10 at night where you sit on those little stools and drink inexpensive tap beer and it seemed so far away from home and then they were using the Sriracha sauce made in Irwindale, which was 20 minutes from where I grew up.

It was a noticeable juxtaposition.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Make your own, it's not difficult and you get to control the heat. That ethnic isle in the grocery store or the carniceria with a bunch of dried chilis is the goods for making different flavor variations (sweet (not sugary) & spicy , smoky, etc). A tiny bit of Xanthan gum for consistency won't hurt either.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
+1 on the Herdez Avocado Salsa. I don't think of it as hot so I didn't list it but, damn is it good. I put it on everything.

Reactions: npsp and Ifallalot

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
currently loading Hellfire's Devil's Gold on a fish taco. straight F()CKING amazing. only prblem is the bottle....that sh!tshouldn't come in aything lss than 16 ounces