Fav hot sauce's?

ringer

Tom Curren status
Aug 2, 2002
Huntington Beach, California
I get it on Amazon. The Lizano Tabasco is really good too. Way different and way more flavor than the Tabasco we have here.

That Lizano Tabasco stirs my soul. They sell it in Costa Rica at the grocery stores. Not overwhelming with the heat, but hot enough, and way better flavor than the real trademarked American "Tabasco", which is nonetheless a staple in my refrigerator.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
That Lizano Tabasco stirs my soul. They sell it in Costa Rica at the grocery stores. Not overwhelming with the heat, but hot enough, and way better flavor than the real trademarked American "Tabasco", which is nonetheless a staple in my refrigerator.
Tico shoping charges way to much next time going to amazon:foreheadslap:

deepwater

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 9, 2022
Mostly I just dice up different peppers and add them into whatever I'm eating. Finally getting good jalapenos again lately. I love all hot sauces except for maybe Tobasco. I'll throw this one out there. She's nice and she's sweet. Good for breakfast foods.

Works on Chinese food & as a glaze for hamburgers as well :jamon:

Pace Picante Medium is my go to with chips

Last edited:

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Just finished off a 16oz jar of this. It's a bit on the pricy side and it's not gonna make you sweat but it's fucking delicious. I put it on my eggs every morning with chopped scallions and I enjoy it more than most breakfasts I buy out at restaurants. Time to re-up!
zhong.jpg

"Inspired by the spicy-sweet Zhong dumplings beloved in Chengdu, Fly By Jing’s sauce is an all-purpose finishing condiment, one with a baseline of chili oil but a massive range of savory flavors beyond pure peppery heat. The chili oil is fortified with an umami-packed blend of soy sauce, mushroom powder, and toasted sesame oil. Underneath all those savory elements is a steady pulse of caramelly sweetness, a counterweight to salty soy and piquant chiles.

That balance is the key to Zhong sauce’s phenomenal versatility. Unlike some chili-based condiments, which simply dial up spiciness, this one is a firehose of flavor that meshes remarkably well with all kinds of dishes. I like to drape it on soft-scrambled eggs before rolling them into breakfast burritos and spread lines of it on grilled sausages alongside yellow mustard and pickle relish. I have put it on everything from nachos to dal to sandwiches, and in each case Zhong stepped in like culinary putty to pull it all togethe"

Reactions: Aruka and CutnSnip

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Just finished off a 16oz jar of this. It's a bit on the pricy side and it's not gonna make you sweat but it's fucking delicious. I put it on my eggs every morning with chopped scallions and I enjoy it more than most breakfasts I buy out at restaurants. Time to re-up!
View attachment 141128

I've been curious about that one, but I've been put off by their incessant IG marketing and high prices.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Wife bought some of this as an alternate.....

Not impressed, and more than half oil, and barely half full of chili crisp.

This stuff (below) kicks ass on that Fly By Jing stuff, and it's less than half the price for a solid full jar of crispy kick ass chili pepper, with just enough oil to blend it well.

Not impressed with Fly By Jing. But maybe their other products "might" be worth their over-pricing?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Wife bought some of this as an alternate.....

Not impressed, and more than half oil, and barely half full of chili crisp.

This stuff (below) kicks ass on that Fly By Jing stuff, and it's less than half the price for a solid full jar of crispy kick ass chili pepper, with just enough oil to blend it well.

Not impressed with Fly By Jing. But maybe their other products "might" be worth their over-pricing?
Agreed. That’s why I was saying to skip the other fly by jing offerings. But the Zhong sauce stands out. If there’s a cheaper non-hipster alternative to it I’d love to know.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
I have a wide variety of hot sauces I like depending on mood and dish. From Mex to SE Asian/Chinese, and occasional Jerk sauces. I use a wide variety in my jacked up BBQ sauces for chicken or pork.

Sometimes when I make 2 small breakfast/egg servings of the same thing, I'll use a different sauce on each, to see which is better.

No hard and fast rules when it comes to dripping or dousing hot sauce on a well prepared dish.

Now that I'm in Coastal S. Oregon, I've taken for granted the ease of finding dozens of different hot sauces to choose from.
I'm having a hard time just finding a consistent supply of simple Pico Pica. It's been getting better, I hear, but still a long way from SD hot sauce supplies.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
View attachment 141128
This came up in my IG advertisements literally like, right after looking at this. I swear, I've said something like "socks", in conversation completely disconnected from my phone and next time I visit IG it's got ad after ad for socks. :crazy2: But yeah I've heard good stuff about this one. If it's not garlic heavy I'll probably like it a lot.

Reactions: LBKpilot