Father and son charged in Ahmaud Arbery’s murder.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Just surfed Gromsdad’s local spot, by the Comfort Inn and the Carl’s Jr. good waves. Might have Covid, to soon to tell.
i can see how if you timed it right a 7-10 day surf trip there could be pretty fun.
Comfort Inn usually $95 to 110 a night with breakfast. There is a pool and a slightly disgusting hot tub. The top floor ocean side rooms actually have a decent view. Rip Curl is next door for your surf needs. Carl's Jr next to that. Enjoyable hike down to the breaks. T-Street and the Pier just a short drive away. Salt Creek and Oceanside aren't far away if you want an annoying session for a change of pace. Inexpensive flights to LAX and discount rental cars at Alamo. Walmart and Ihop just a few miles away. Some good Mexican food nearby. Its a great surgical strike trip or quick getaway. I've done it in September, October, November and once in February. Never had a bad trip there.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Perhaps, still does nothing to get the shooter off the hook.
Based on the rate of info that's been leaking, it's my assumption that additional info is going to continue to accrue as we go. Including more of the video. Some it will probably be useful to the prosecution and some to the defense. A grand jury is going to get to see all of it presented in an orderly manner, UNLIKE the way we've been getting it.

I'm not as certain of the outcome as you are.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
you've never gone in to check a construction site while on a walk?

we used to have nerf gun fights in the building next door

you seem really keen on this subject....what do you think he was doing?
At night and (reportedly) on several occasions? Never. You?

I've performed detailed inspections on buildings in varying stages of construction and rehab, including measurements and floorplans and detailed summaries of the building materials and ceiling heights and electrical anhd HVAC and such. Part of my day job. I get several of these every year going back 30+ years now. And do you know what I NEVER look at? The building materials and equipment and tools and personal possessions onsite.

Does it look to you like his primary point of focus and interest is on the exposed roof trusses or framing or HVAC ducting or electrical wiring?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Based on the rate of info that's been leaking, it's my assumption that additional info is going to continue to accrue as we go. Including more of the video. Some it will probably be useful to the prosecution and some to the defense. A grand jury is going to get to see all of it presented in an orderly manner, UNLIKE the way we've been getting it.

I'm not as certain of the outcome as you are.
One can only go by the information we have presently, and it does not look good for the shooter. Should facts change so will my opinion.

Reactions: GDaddy

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
One can only go by the information we have presently, and it does not look good for the shooter. Should facts change so will my opinion.
Here's the thing. Initially persecutors didn't press charges. They'd seen the evidence while you've just seen selected leaks. There's a reason they didn't press charges and it likely had to do with it being a case where it was highly unlikely to get a guilty verdict from a jury based on the evidence they'd seen that you and I still haven't.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Here's the thing. Initially persecutors didn't press charges. They'd seen the evidence while you've just seen selected leaks. There's a reason they didn't press charges and it likely had to do with it being a case where it was highly unlikely to get a guilty verdict from a jury based on the evidence they'd seen that you and I still haven't.
Persecutors?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Read up on what has been going on in this County, Oh, I forgot you and your ilk love corruption now.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I knew it wouldn’t take Gdaddy long to start making assumptions.
LOL

Nobody needs to make assumptions about anything. The steady drip-drip-drip of info that's coming out - along with the prosecutors' letters (I've now seen two of them) clearly demonstrate what those prosecutors think of their case.

I'm interested to see what additional info comes out, because it's clear that there's more to come.

In an earlier call at 1.08pm, a different unidentified caller reports “a guy in a house right now, a house under construction”. The dispatcher asks if the man is breaking into the property, to which the caller responds: “No, it’s all open, it’s under construction.”
The caller then says, “He’s running right now, and there he goes right now,” referring to Arbery, who was taking his usual jog around the neighborhood. The dispatcher asks: “OK, what is he doing?” The caller replies: “He’s running down the street.”
A few second later, the dispatcher says: “I just need to know what he was doing wrong. Was he just on the premises and not supposed to be?”
Although not quoted in that news account (The Guardian), the caller mentioned that "he's been caught on camera a number of times" and he described him as black male in a white T-shirt.

IRL, had a cop responding to the 911 call come across this fits the description individual in the white t-shirt on foot in the neighborhood they would definitely have stopped him. It would have been negligent for a cop to not stop someone matching the description.

Last edited:

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Here's one of those 911 calls.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Makule

Michael Peterson status
Aug 31, 2004
Somewhere between heaven and hell
What BS. Puhpleeeeeese........If not for the video and like all other crimes committed by white person to a black person......this sh!t would have been swept under the rug.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I saw one account where the claim was that one of the burglaries had involved the theft of a gun. If true and if these guys were aware of it then that also could have changed the math on their decision making.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Does it look to you like his primary point of focus and interest is on the exposed roof trusses or framing or HVAC ducting or electrical wiring?
at night...yes, usually that's when we were goofing around in them because
the workers are there during the day.

from the video you linked...I don't see him casing anything in particular

there's a truck parked in the driveway.

Aug 31, 2019
Kindof looks like just a guy walking onto a job site (with a truck in driveway) looking for possible day labor work. I'm curious if there's audio in other videos of him saying 'hello?' as he walked around. He's certainly not shy of stepping on a bunch of noisy leaves.

Regardless, zero reasons to go vigilante on the guy or to even 'detain' him.

Reactions: $kully and mundus

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
I saw one account where the claim was that one of the burglaries had involved the theft of a gun. If true and if these guys were aware of it then that also could have changed the math on their decision making.
Theft of a gun? Impossible. All you guys keep your guns locked at all times

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
He was just out jogging (looking for power tools to steal).
Love all the racist assumptions in this thread, trying to justify this murder.

He couldn't have jogged 7 miles from the inner city! (because that's where blacks live)

Nobody jogs in cargo shorts!

He was casing power tools to steal!

If there was a white dude looking around the construction site, you'd probably presume that he's interested in buying the house of hiring the builder.

Absolutely nothing in those videos justifies his killing. Not one thing.

But keep going you guys, looking great so far.

Reactions: afoaf