Father and son charged in Ahmaud Arbery’s murder.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I’m sure they’ll settle in well with the Aryan Nation who will revere them as heroes just like some of the usual suspects here on the erBB did.

Reactions: LifeOnMars

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Still crazy to me that in many parts of this country three white men can gun down an unarmed black man in the streets and not only go home and have dinner with their families that night but escape charges for over a month until viral outrage goes national and forces prosecutors to move. How often was this kinda thing going unreported in the age before cell phone cameras, social media and viral videos? But racism is just a distraction right?
The times they are a-changin'. A generation ago those guys would have all been acquitted and would be out drinking beers tonight with their bubba-buddies bragging about how they got away with killing that uppity n*****r. Instead they are gonna get butt-raped in prison for the rest of their lives, hopefully by big black dudes. Always look on the bright side of life.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
The times they are a-changin'. A generation ago those guys would have all been acquitted and would be out drinking beers tonight with their bubba-buddies bragging about how they got away with killing that uppity n*****r. Instead they are gonna get butt-raped in prison for the rest of their lives, hopefully by big black dudes. Always look on the bright side of life.
as much as i want these guys locked up - the prison rape / assault thing is nuts to fetishize. prison is the sentence - not extrajudicial rape.

...wait for you or your kin or a friend happens to become incarcerated - even in awaiting trial period. Come back to me and tell me about your thoughts on the justice system.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
as much as i want these guys locked up - the prison rape / assault thing is nuts to fetishize. prison is the sentence - not extrajudicial rape.

...wait for you or your kin or a friend happens to become incarcerated - even in awaiting trial period. Come back to me and tell me about your thoughts on the justice system.
Agreed. The pop culture acceptance of prison rape is disturbing.

Reactions: afoaf

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
What they do know now is that fuckery will not stand with American people.

Laws need to reflect that.

There should be nothing legal about cornering and killing a man without an ounce of evidence.

And again, take guns and gun turdy attitude out of this and nobody would be dead or go to jail.

Freedom!
100% why I left the south 45 years ago and never looked back. Obviously, the offensive "culture" is not generational but handed down like a precious old linotype of Nathan Bedford Forrest. You can't change stupid but you can (finally) scare the hell out of it.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Southern hospitality is a real thing.

Maybe because there is the underlying violent racism?

I love that accent.

I talk that way and I ain't even from there.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Agreed. The pop culture acceptance of prison rape is disturbing.
I've heard that is less common than the stereo type.

The main job of the guards is not having the prisoners get hurt.

They take the non trouble makers and put then in a big room to sleep together.

This could be wrong.

I have a friend who thinks about ending up in jail all the time.

He loves to watch TV shows about it.

I never think about it.

Reactions: grapedrink

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
My brother was in prison for a while in the early 70s and he said this one dude chased him around with a shank wanting a blowie.

• Wow

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Bringing certain substances across the border. Federal rap. They sent him to the medium security section (definitely not the country club) at Lompoc. He got out, changed his life around, family man, etc.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
  • Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Bringing certain substances across the border. Federal rap. They sent him to the medium security section (definitely not the country club) at Lompoc. He got out, changed his life around, family man, etc.
My friends who own construction businesses now were all drug dealers out of high school.

They just got lucky and didn't get caught.

I was there a couple of the times when they should have got caught and didn't.

Its all luck.