Father and son charged in Ahmaud Arbery’s murder.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Racism is nothing but a distraction!!!

Whitefolk on the erBB said racism is cancelled.

Problem is, they can barely see this type of overt racism. Good luck getting them to recognize institutional racism in America.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

just a reminder, cops didn’t kill Ahmaud Arbery. But they did drag their asses on this case and didn’t do a fucking thing about it until the video went viral and they caved to pressure of angry people across the country. So if you’re wondering why people say black lives matter this is a prime example. And the ability to walk around free from charges for more than two months after shooting an unarmed black man to death in the street is peak white privilege.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aruka and afoaf

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Just look at an aerial of the area. Notice the distance between the city limits vs this neighborhood (6.5 miles). Zoom down and look at the highway between town and that big-ass industrial park to the east of the scene of the crime. Zoom in and look at the bridge - that's a 2-mile span with a 50mph speed limit, 2 lanes of travel and a shoulder (no sidewalk). Does that look like a primo running route to anyone here?
Yeah just look at an aerial of the area! He couldn't have jogged all the way from the inner city, where all the blacks live!

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
[shrugs]

That's what trials are for. That's when the other side gets to present their case.
Sure. It's just interesting where your thinking went, right at the start of the thread.

GossDad and other usual suspects too.

Every time.

Reactions: Aruka

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Sure. It's just interesting where your thinking went, right at the start of the thread.

GossDad and other usual suspects too.

Every time.
We had a different level of information at that time. At the time there were reports of people seeing him run in town, but no indication of where he actually lived. Meanwhile, one look at a map shows that neighborhood is small and somewhat isolated in that you can only get in/out via the highway.

That makes looking at the two locations a logical line of questioning. Not that you would know anything about thinking logically.

A week later the press got off its ass and provided more information, including the point that he didn't live in the same town where people saw him running, either. It doesn't change the fact that this location is out of the way for someone whose run starts at their front door.

And after all, he really WAS repeatedly doing what the callers to the PD claimed he was doing, so that's not normal for a recreational runner, either.

But hey, he was getting his life back together so that changes everything.

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
And after all, he really WAS repeatedly doing what the callers to the PD claimed he was doing, so that's not normal for a recreational runner, either.

But hey, he was getting his life back together so that changes everything.
Your mind went straight to blaming the black person, as you always do. As soon as you read the headline, you tried to do everything to discredit the victim's character

You did the same with George Floyd.

You are still doing it, you just can't help yourself.

Somehow, you are still not a racist.

Weird.

Reactions: $kully

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
If he did it then "blaming him" for what he did is entirely reasonable.

Unless you think society made him do it.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
So there’s a house that I’ve been eyeing on my dog walks. It’s currently being remodeled and likely flipped. Yesterday I decided to stop and check it out and we walked into the back yard and looked into the windows to check out the interior not knowing that the contractor was still there. I hear “hey, how’s it going?” and he’s standing there not with a shotgun but a broom and we proceeded to chat about the remodel for about 10min. It’s nice being white sometimes.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
So there’s a house that I’ve been eyeing on my dog walks. It’s currently being remodeled and likely flipped. Yesterday I decided to stop and check it out and we walked into the back yard and looked into the windows to check out the interior not knowing that the contractor was still there. I hear “hey, how’s it going?” and he’s standing there not with a shotgun but a broom and we proceeded to chat about the remodel for about 10min. It’s nice being white sometimes.
I can't tell you how many times I go look around a construction site in my neighborhood, in which construction is booming right now. Did this all the time as a kid, too. TBH, as a kid we stole wood from these sites and made/fixed up skateboard ramps, but no one would have shot us for it.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
When I was shooting my pool skating documentary, they would jump fences and drain pools to skate. Sometimes property was for sale and a realtor would walk in to give a tour to prospective buyers or the neighbors would call the police. Sometimes they'd pose as pool cleaners or musquito abatement agency to access the pools. 100% trespassing.

Never ever have I seen a gun or an altercation of any kind, from cops or anybody else and we got caught a lot.

And this was San Bernandino.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
When I was shooting my pool skating documentary, they would jump fences and drain pools to skate. Sometimes property was for sale and a realtor would walk in to give a tour to prospective buyers or the neighbors would call the police. Sometimes they'd pose as pool cleaners or musquito abatement agency to access the pools. 100% trespassing.

Never ever have I seen a gun or an altercation of any kind, from cops or anybody else and we got caught a lot.

And this was San Bernandino.
The arts are exempt.

Also, white preví ledgers.