Fatal mountain lion attack in Washington State

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
GWS said:
Ordinarily that's the case. But if you read the article on this attack and if the account is accurate, this cat was a little different. They knew they were being stocked. (nod to the erBB) er... stalked. I used to wheel my bike to an open area if possible to fix a flat when in areas where there was a known population. This cat was either psycho, had rabies or was injured/debilitated. Something was off.
That is freaking scary. If you have ever watched a house cat stalk and kill a bird, I imagine you have pretty much no chance with a cat that is 100+ lbs.

bigtuna

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 29, 2010
NE
Sometimes you’ll size up your opponent like, oh, the average black bear is 180 pounds or something, or the average mountain lion is only like 2.5 feet off the ground (its back height) which isn’t that scary. But then you have to remember that you’re dealing with an animal that has had to hunt and kill every one of its meals. So for you and me it’s this traumatic event that will make nation wide news and go down in history as one of like five mountain lion attacks on humans in the past decade, where as for the cat it’s literally just snack time.

Like, that thing knows how to fvckkng win, plain and simple. We’re far removed from our element in combat for survival.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I read hunter book as a kid and the grizzly had the hunters head in his mouth and the hunter was stabbing it with a knife stabbing and stabbing and the bear spit him out and split.

GWS

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
done
rts265 said:
If there was a gun there’d have been 3 fatalities.
Of course.

Two shootings, one suicide and probably a mass killing.

From now on I trail ride in a Ryder Truck.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I had three homeless people menace me down by the river in Oceanside.

I had just had back surgery and was trying to walk to rehab it.

I thought I was going to have to fight. It totally caught me by surprise. I haven't got in a fight since my early 20s. They actually encircled me.

My first target was going to be the surly homeless Mexican girl. She was laughing as the two homeless guys menaced me. So annoying!

I was going to punch her in the face and run as fast as I could, which was not very fast.

Forget mountain lions.

People!

Mexican people!

(In fairness to Mexicans--the dudes weren't Mexican.)

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
bigtuna said:
We’re far removed from our element in combat for survival.
Therein lies the crux of humanity's problem. We fight each other sure. We create all these systems like money, laws, border control, etc. None of these things are found in earthly realm.

When all of our gadgets and toys and money and laws are stripped from us and we face a life or death situation it all comes crashing home that we are so far removed from the natural element that we might as well be from Mars.

The further we get away from whence we came, the further down the drain we go.

Surfing is something that brings us back to that. I mean real surfing. Not the image conscious, talk to your buddy in the lineup, 360 air kind of surfing. But the raw, in the moment, huck yourself over the ledge type of surfing.

This is why good surfers turn to drugs. That feeling you get of disconnection. Brain turned off. In the moment. Its hard to find and elusive. Drugs provide that on demand. Some allow the brain to turn off. Some trigger the survival mechanism in all of us.

Growing food. Hunting food. Having regular adrenaline rushes. These are healthy pastimes.

Playing with screens. Bickering about cheetto, obama, immigration, or some other bs just depletes that rawness in each of us.

Oh the irony as I type on my keyboard behind a screen.

Drumsurf

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 4, 2012
Beach
Dude that died was chased down after seeing his buddy in the cat's jaws and ran away. Lame ass move on his part. Throw your bike at it or something. Left his buddy and split. Weak Sauce!

armchair QB out..........

GWS

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
done
Sederbaum fled on his bike to find a cell phone signal and call for help. As he did, he could see the cat dragging Brooks into the woods.
Bad form to ride off as Them are dragged off into the woods.

Did I do that right?

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Things that give me that over the ledge surfing feeling

Shredding on the guitar

Good judo/bjj tournament fight. Those days are over for me.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
GWS said:
Sederbaum fled on his bike to find a cell phone signal and call for help. As he did, he could see the cat dragging Brooks into the woods.
Bad form to ride off as Them is dragged off into the woods.

Did I do that right?
The plural pronoun "them" is functioning singularly so it takes the singular form be verb "is."

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
Autoprax said:
GWS said:

Did I do that right?
The plural pronoun "them" is functioning singularly so it takes the singular form be verb "is."
Them biked away and then them got ate?

GWS

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
done
rice said:
Autoprax said:
GWS said:

Did I do that right?
Them biked away and then them got ate?
:roflmao:

English in 2018.