FAFO

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
The real take away here is that you should definitely carry with one in the pipe. If he had to chamber a round the robber would have had time to turn and fill him full of plastic BBs.

• Haha
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
OK I'm gonna go there. Consider the following:

If a white cop shoots a black perp who points a toy gun at the cop, it's considered a tragic but justifiable shoot.

If a white cop shoots a black perp in the back who pointed a toy gun at the cop and then turned to leave, then pumps the perp with 5 more bullets after he is down, including one point-blank execution style to the head, there's gonna be riots in the streets.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Not really.

I don’t really have any feelings about the dead robber. He did something stupid and something stupid happened to him.

I’d dare to say all the “feels” on this one lie primarily with those of you who are giddy about seeing a criminal publicly executed by a fellow citizen without due process for what ultimately amounted to a petty crime. You’re feeling the satisfaction of vengeance.

I do think the video begs to point out that the shooter didn’t reveal his firearm or open fire until after the robber turned his back and headed for the door and took additional shots after the robber was on the floor and had dropped his toy gun. Is it unreasonable to mistake a toy gun as a real weapon? No, it happens too often and is typically an unfortunate accident. In this case I wouldn’t go that far since the toy was being used to commit a crime with the idea of making victims think it was real. And yes I know tactical classes tell you not to pull a firearm unless you’re prepared to fire and when you do shoot to kill in order to neutralize the threat. The question is, does a man armed with a toy gun who’s already turned and exited toward the door still represent a threat? How about once’s he’s on the ground with multiple bullet wounds and the toy gun was removed from his reach? There were multiple shots fired once the robber hit the floor dropping the toy gun on impact and an additional shot after the shooter reached down and moved the gun out of therobbers reach.

As far as the shooter leaving the scene goes, is it possible he realized that the gun was a toy and feared legal repurcussions?

You really don't get it do you? Or is it your empathy perverts your logic and reason?

First he continued swinging the toy gun around the entire time, so the threat was still there no matter where he was.

Second, IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THE GUN WAS A TOY OR NOT.

Third, every shot was justified, and the last shot, after he was down, ensured he was adequately incapacitated just prior to grabbing his toy gun.

And even if it wasn't (it was) why the hell would you care, unless somehow you empathize with the thief?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
If a white cop shoots a black perp in the back who pointed a toy gun at the cop and then turned to leave, then pumps the perp with 5 more bullets after he is down, including one point-blank execution style to the head, there's gonna be riots in the streets.
I'm not sure if you're insinuating that's similar to what happened here but let's be clear it's not.

The toy gun guy was still running around the place pointing a gun in the direction of patrons the moment he was shot:

Screen Shot 2023-01-08 at 8.16.57 PM.png

Pretty obvious the threat was NOT over when toy gun guy was shot.

This isn't some guy getting shot in the back while fleeing the scene.

This is a guy running around pointing a gun at people while robbing them.

Just want to make sure we have that clear.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I'm not sure if you're insinuating that's similar to what happened here but let's be clear it's not.

The toy gun guy was still running around the place pointing a gun in the direction of patrons the moment he was shot:

View attachment 145462

Pretty obvious the threat was NOT over when toy gun guy was shot.

This isn't some guy getting shot in the back while fleeing the scene.

This is a guy running around pointing a gun at people while robbing them.

Just want to make sure we have that clear.
You seem triggered.

Reactions: Driftcoast

pastel

OTF status
Nov 23, 2022
the idiot could have even tripped on the way out the door and accidently killed an killed an innocent person. shoot to kill. make sure only the idiot dies

Reactions: Ifallalot

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
the idiot could have even tripped on the way out the door and accidently killed an killed an innocent person. shoot to kill. make sure only the idiot dies
What happens if the shooter tripped and capped one the other diners?

pastel

OTF status
Nov 23, 2022
i get what you mean though and that is why police are very weary of vigilante justice.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
good point, except i dont think he ever stood up
He walked over and shot him 4x after he was already down, picked up his toy gun and then gave him another shot in the head just to be sure.

pastel

OTF status
Nov 23, 2022
and at that point, those shots probably had the least chance to hurt an innocent person

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
He walked over and shot him 4x after he was already down, picked up his toy gun and then gave him another shot in the head just to be sure.
Somehow you find this to be a problem.

I'd suggest you sit down and craft a handwritten letter to the deceased's mommy telling her you're morning the death of her armed robber son right along with her.:cry:

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
Somehow you find this to be a problem.

I'd suggest you sit down and craft a handwritten letter to the deceased's mommy telling her you're morning the death of her armed robber son right along with her.:cry:
Imagine getting the death penalty for something that has a sentence of jail time.

The grey area of who you can shoot becomes clear pretty quickly in arguments like these