Facebook ****DONE***

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
same. Quit right after the election
Yeah. Instagram became a refuge from everything I hated about facebook (political rants, annoying relatives, baby photos, etc) because it was image focused and easier to curate. However IG is now politicized and only going to get worse in the time to come. I've muted almost everyone and am down to a curated handful of travel, kook of the day & kookslams, meme, and videos of people hurting themselves doing dumb stuff. For that it's worth it.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
same. Quit right after the election
Yeah, back in December of 2016 someone commented that Trump was ‘literally Hitler’ and that he (Trump) was going to put the Jews back into the ovens on day one.

I commented that I was pretty sure that Trump doesn’t want to eliminate the Jews and I received a cascade of death threats and was called a Nazi.

Never went back.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Yeah, back in December of 2016 someone commented that Trump was ‘literally Hitler’ and that he (Trump) was going to put the Jews back into the ovens on day one.

I commented that I was pretty sure that Trump doesn’t want to eliminate the Jews and I received a cascade of death threats and was called a Nazi.

Never went back.
I'm sure that's exactly how it went down.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Actually, enjoying watching people hurt themselves perfectly matches your persona.

How predictable.
They’re grown adults doing risky things that they are fully aware can lead to serious injury and even death. Meanwhile people end up with those sorts of injuries and handicaps through no fault of their own, which are the types of people who are far more deserving of empathy. So yeah, if you are going to make a video of yourself doing something dumb AF then I have no problem watching it.

that said, I avoid the more serious ones where people fall from trees or streetlights, or where I can tell someone is about to twist or break their leg. That makes me cringe.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
They’re grown adults doing risky things that they are fully aware can lead to serious injury and even death. Meanwhile people end up with those sorts of injuries and handicaps through no fault of their own, which are the types of people who are far more deserving of empathy. So yeah, if you are going to make a video of yourself doing something dumb AF then I have no problem watching it.

that said, I avoid the more serious ones where people fall from trees or streetlights, or where I can tell someone is about to twist or break their leg. That makes me cringe.
It's nothing to do with stupid people's choices to hurt themselves.

It's to do with the fact that you find watching people hurt themselves enjoyable.

Out of all the fascinating things in the world, that's what your Instagram feed consist of.

Telling.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
quit around October 2016 when previously reasonable friend retweeted Kid Rock squealing "Trump that Bitch!"

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
It's nothing to do with stupid people's choices to hurt themselves.

It's to do with the fact that you find watching people hurt themselves enjoyable.

Out of all the fascinating things in the world, that's what your Instagram feed consist of.

Telling.
He never employed the word enjoy in any form. Stop making up stuff to fit your narrative.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
instagram posts with people hurting and embarrassing themselves are part of the fun. The ill begotten paddle outs and clueless people getting swept off the rocks are the best

Reactions: grapedrink