Eye Symmetry

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
A local who rips and coaches the Mira Costa surf team has me pretty much convinced I need a Rapture model in my life. It’s hard to think about getting a step-down when the waves have been pumping for over two weeks, but during one of the smaller windows I was pretty amazed how much instantaneous speed he seemed to have and then just go into some bonkers fin-throws. Anyone have one? Kelly has been on their Bud model quite a bit recently which looks pretty fun as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDJ

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I got a board from Max a bunch of years ago when he was spending half the year in Newport. Really great kid and an amazing shaper. i got a quad fish that went really well. Would you ship from Aus?

Reactions: ChaseTMP

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I have an incoming Stamps in Venerial carbonara, so I need to answer for that with the wifey. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for a used one. I probably have 20+ pounds on the guy with the Rapture or I’d swap boards with him for a few.

Reactions: JDJ

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
Got a wombi fish from Max a while back which I believe is a descendant of the cali quad. He really took his time to discuss the order with me. The shape felt great and the board looked beautiful. Unfortunately it was also this board that made me realize that I don't like wide tailed quads with the rear fins set closer to the stringer. Had to part ways.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Reactions: silentbutdeadly

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
who are we talking about and what borts?
Max is a young hipster Aussie shaper who used to spend a lot of time in Newps with US hipster shapers and surfers. He worked for Hayden in Aus and is equally skilled at shaping glassing and sanding. He does a lot well, but Max is known for being an absolute maestro with epoxy resin.

He does color work in epoxy that you really only see in poly.

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
His factory is about 10 min from my house here in Sydney. He usually has a sale on stock boards about once a year - let me know if you’re keen and I can have a look when the next sale is on