Exploring the Canadian Coast by Camel

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
More hipster nostalgia. Was it a hard lined requirement to ride boards designed before the 80s??

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I think that's the Maui 20 that got swamped at Rosa a few+ years ago. Good boats, spent lots of trips on one of those.
Seems like the filmmaker was paying extreme homage to Wes Anderson in that one. :shrug:

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
_____ said:
I think that's the Maui 20 that got swamped at Rosa a few+ years ago. Good boats, spent lots of trips on one of those.
Seems like the filmmaker was paying extreme homage to Wes Anderson in that one. :shrug:
I think you're right. I wonder how many crossings G did in that boat before it went down? MB had a blue one back in the day....maybe his first urchin boat. Then there was the guy with the bright yellow one that inadvertently swamped me at anchor one day.. The Maui 20s throw a mean wake and throw a ton of spray in chop....you can pick 'em out well before they get to you based on how they ride.

Nice rebuild on this one.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
How much would that refab cost?

Those engines aint cheap.

I always wonder what those guy do for cash.

My first thought because it's SB is parent's money.

But I could be wrong, I know.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
They need a little work on navigation, missing the spot by 10 miles with GPS? Also, a lot of hassle for 2 sessions. Still an enjoyable watch,

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
crotchgrab said:
More hipster nostalgia. Was it a hard lined requirement to ride boards designed before the 80s??
Sheeet man that sounds like jealousy to me. Good on those dudes. That - to me - is what it's all about. Who gives a sh!t where that $$ came from. They clearly put in the hard yards to put that hull back in order and have an adventure. Makes me wanna put a cabin like that on my old 21 foot Hydrasports center console. Maybe that can be a project for my ten year old and me. Lots of nooks and crannies and islands for a boat like that here on the South Carolina coast.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
OneWorldEd said:
crotchgrab said:
Sheeet man that sounds like jealousy to me. Good on those dudes. That - to me - is what it's all about. Who gives a sh!t where that $$ came from. They clearly put in the hard yards to put that hull back in order and have an adventure. Makes me wanna put a cabin like that on my old 21 foot Hydrasports center console. Maybe that can be a project for my ten year old and me. Lots of nooks and crannies and islands for a boat like that here on the South Carolina coast.
this. take the journey, that's what it's about.

would love to build/rehab/refurb a boat, but don't have that skill set. would cheerfully attack a boat kit tho, like one from Chesapeake Light Craft. would be a fun retirement project.