i thought it was brilliant

maybe the best movie since matrix

maybe even better

1654226097516.png

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
was a bit weird, almost funny
yeah, beating the sh!t out of someone with a dildo and watching guys fighting kung-fu style with large foreign object shoved up their asses definitely qualifies as "almost funny" in my book

but the conversation between the rocks? so hilarious and at the same time so poignant! pure fucking magic!

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Yeah....not Best Picture. The other awards " Yes" ....Im down with them. Maverick was better. More exciting. Made more money. More intense to watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: $kully

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
interesting concept well executed
fun acting
not overly reliant on special effects
i really liked it

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Just the trailer had me questioning best picture. Looks stupid.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Just the trailer had me questioning best picture. Looks stupid.
I think the awarding went beyond craft and waded into social reparations for Asians and a lifetime achievement for Curtis. . That said Yeoh and Quan and the directing were outstanding. Best picture "No". Curtis " No".

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Yeah....not Best Picture. The other awards " Yes" ....Im down with them. Maverick was better. More exciting. Made more money. More intense to watch.
Don't disagree that best picture award was a bit much... but absolutely disagree on Maverick. total popcorn movie, zero originality. Don't get me wrong, I liked it for what it is... but IMHO, EEATO stands head and shoulders above Maverick.

Reactions: Aruka

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Fun movie, very well acted, the actors all deserved their Oscars.

IMO the script was too complicated and my feeble brain spent too much time figuring out which universe they were in, they should've kept it down to a manageable number like 3 or 4.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Fun movie, very well acted, the actors all deserved their Oscars.

IMO the script was too complicated and my feeble brain spent too much time figuring out which universe they were in, they should've kept it down to a manageable number like 3 or 4.
Well the title wasnt 3-4 worlds , Everywhere , All at once. Its Everything. Jamie Lee, I disagree.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Don't disagree that best picture award was a bit much... but absolutely disagree on Maverick. total popcorn movie, zero originality. Don't get me wrong, I liked it for what it is... but IMHO, EEATO stands head and shoulders above Maverick.
Maverick was colossal and a block buster. It tooled the reintroduction to theaters post covid and a much anticipated opening. It was huge. It did more for the movie industry than the Oreintal flick. Whats your criteria? I mean this award sh!t is all staged for the industry like the Grammys are for music. Maverick did more for the industry. Sure acting sucked... but the actual filming was incredible.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Maverick was colossal and a block buster. It tooled the reintroduction to theaters post covid and a much anticipated opening. It was huge. It did more for the movie industry than the Oreintal flick. Whats your criteria? I mean this award sh!t is all staged for the industry like the Grammys are for music. Maverick did more for the industry. Sure acting sucked... but the actual filming was incredible.
My criteria is that it was a brainless action flick, the kind that will pop up on open TV in the middle of the afternoon in a couple years.

I already said I liked it for what it was, should I suck Tom Cruise's dick now?