et tu, Jersey?

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
NJ joins the long list of states that I used to live in, that have since legalised weed. For those in Jersey, what does this mean? Pot shops on the Boardwalk?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Get caught circumventing the corporations and NJ tax law by growing a couple of plants in your back yard and you can expect to get hit harder than ever. They won't appreciate you messing with their business model.
A little lesson for you stupid, "don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good". Most adults realize something is better than nothing.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
NJ joins the long list of states that I used to live in, that have since legalised weed. For those in Jersey, what does this mean? Pot shops on the Boardwalk?
What’s the expectations for when they’ll actually be selling it?
I drive a little under 3 hours each way to Massachusetts. It’s a nice drive and all, but kinda inconvenient

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
What’s the expectations for when they’ll actually be selling it?
I drive a little under 3 hours each way to Massachusetts. It’s a nice drive and all, but kinda inconvenient
Knowing Jersey it will be a while. I have a med card and the dispensaries cannot handle the demand they already have.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I figure a while, but have no idea what that means
I’ve only done the Mass pot run twice since lockdown, so no big deal

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The whole debacle proved once again that the police are enemy of the citizenry, the scumbags kept arresting people until the last possible moment.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Damn I am spoiled. 3 minute drive if I hit the lights. :roflmao:
The closest one to me is a one minute bike ride, if I get those two lights. 5 minute walk?

But I swear to that which can never die, last summer when I am up in the old pear tree trying to prune it back, I think I could smell a neighbor's grow in a small greenhouse which looks a little like this:

1614120482168.png

How many plants can you grow in your yard in California?

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Holy crap, that little island of Nantucket has a dispensary!
@Malarcus , if you take one ferry, and I take another, we can meet up!
Great idea doof!
{waits years for malarcus to log in again:trout:)

Meet in Hyannis?

Or Martha's Vineyard?

Where else would Nantucket have a ferry route to?

Is it me or does Long Island not really have a lot of ferry service to R.I., Conn, or Mass?

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Meet in Hyannis?

Or Martha's Vineyard?

Where else would Nantucket have a ferry route to?

Is it me or does Long Island not really have a lot of ferry service to R.I., Conn, or Mass?
I would’ve thought there’d be some ferry route from the east end of Long Island to some little New England Island that also connects to a ferry from Nantucket but, maybe not

A lot of years ago, I actually did take a ferry to Nantucket for a wedding, but I drove to Hyannis first
Malarcus picked mrs rg and me up at the ferry station
Totally as fun in real life as he is here

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Heard an interview this morning about the NJ law and the unintended consequences of the way it was written. It basically made underage drinking and possession of alcohol or pot for minors legal. All a cop can do is give the juvenile a written warning and the cop can not even tell the juvenile's parents about it. Also no searching of minors if they are suspected.

• Love
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit