Entire Rochester Police Department Leadership Resigns. When asked who is in charger mayor responds "I don't know".

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Asked during a city council meeting who will be in charge during tonight’s protests, the mayor said she doesn’t know. “We would have to find an interim chief,” says Warren says.

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
Daniel Prude is dead by his own decisions.
the nyt times said he was visiting family who put him in the psych ward
which he left and was found naked and socially abusive. they said he threatened
he had covid and was "hooded" for spitting on cops.

o_O

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Cities that Defund Police

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sep. 11, 2020

AUSTIN, Texas – Following votes in Austin and Dallas that will reallocate police department funding, Texas. Gov. Greg Abbott has proposed a state takeover of the Austin Police Department as well as legislation that would freeze property tax increases for any city that defunds law enforcement.

On Thursday, the governor introduced a third proposal: stripping cities that reduce police budgets of annexation powers and allowing residents who have been annexed to depart from those cities.

Abbott said a combination of the property tax freeze and the removal of annexation powers would make it “financially impossible to defund law enforcement and it should leave Austin with no choice but to restore the cuts they’ve already made to law enforcement.”

Austin City Council recently voted to immediately reallocate about $20 million of the police budget elsewhere and eventually redistribute roughly $150 million of APD’s budget…..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love it. As I recall American cities gained the ability to forcibly annex surrounding suburbs in a Supreme Court case. The city argued that it had the right to annex its suburbs because suburban work commuters were using city services during weekdays without paying for them.

The ruling was based on bullshit information, because it ignored the massive economic benefit which cities received from suburban commuters. Regardless, the ruling created a defacto contract for cities to provide services, including police protection, for annexed suburbanites.

Cities which de-fund their police departments are refusing to provide a basic city service which was the reason for granting forcible annexation. Under Abbott’s proposal all previously annexed suburbs would gain the right to secede. The affected cities would be left to stew in their own poverty.

If Abbott’s proposal were to become law, either Austin and Dallas would walk back their police-defund ordinances or go broke. Either way, suburban taxpayers would retain police protection.

Last edited:
Reactions: Havoc

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Trumptard thinking:

-over my dead body will the gov take away my rights to own guns

-larger gov body is used to take away the local legislature, -is cheered on.

the desire for fascism by the most perverted carries on.

Reactions: mundus

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Cities that Defund Police

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sep. 11, 2020

AUSTIN, Texas – Following votes in Austin and Dallas that will reallocate police department funding, Texas. Gov. Greg Abbott has proposed a state takeover of the Austin Police Department as well as legislation that would freeze property tax increases for any city that defunds law enforcement.

On Thursday, the governor introduced a third proposal: stripping cities that reduce police budgets of annexation powers and allowing residents who have been annexed to depart from those cities.

Abbott said a combination of the property tax freeze and the removal of annexation powers would make it “financially impossible to defund law enforcement and it should leave Austin with no choice but to restore the cuts they’ve already made to law enforcement.”

Austin City Council recently voted to immediately reallocate about $20 million of the police budget elsewhere and eventually redistribute roughly $150 million of APD’s budget…..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love it. As I recall American cities gained the ability to forcibly annex surrounding suburbs in a Supreme Court case. The city argued that it had the right to annex its suburbs because suburban work commuters were using city services during weekdays without paying for them.

The ruling was based on bullshit information, because it ignored the massive economic benefit which cities received from suburban commuters. Regardless, the ruling created a defacto contract for cities to provide services, including police protection, for annexed suburbanites.

Cities which de-fund their police departments are refusing to provide a basic city service which was the reason for granting forcible annexation. Under Abbott’s proposal all previously annexed suburbs would gain the right to secede. The affected cities would be left to stew in their own poverty.

If Abbott’s proposal were to become law, either Austin and San Antonio would walk back their police-defund ordinances or go broke. Either way, suburban taxpayers would retain police protection.
they are not defunding the police.

Austin transferred about a third of their budget to be used on specialized social service
workers to help with domestic and drug related issues...they put the cadet classes on
hold until they had a chance to suss out where and how many new recruits they needed
under the new framework

I love it when the ketotard tries to flex his legal muscles over a completely false pretext

REAL CONSYRUPATIVE!

slurp slurp slurp stupid

Reactions: Woke AF and mundus

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
they are not defunding the police.

Austin transferred about a third of their budget to be used on specialized social service
workers to help with domestic and drug related issues...they put the cadet classes on
hold until they had a chance to suss out where and how many new recruits they needed
under the new framework

I love it when the ketotard tries to flex his legal muscles over a completely false pretext

REAL CONSYRUPATIVE!

slurp slurp slurp stupid

So according to you these cities can defund police by investing in feelgood leftist re-education programs. Bullshit. They are not equivalent. Feelgood re-education programs don't put murderers in prison. Try your argument in court. Wish in one hand and sh!t in the other. See which one fills up first.