Entire Rochester Police Department Leadership Resigns. When asked who is in charger mayor responds "I don't know".

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
No shortage of finger pointing. Like I said, strong strategy. If that’s all you got.
Meeting trump's divisive rhetoric with divisive rhetoric will just hasten the race war.

I guess we might as well get it over with.

Seems like people on both teams are ready to throw down.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Seems like people on both teams are ready to throw down.
I dislike both teams. They are both fascist in their own ways. Don't want to join either. But if it comes down to civil war, I suppose I'll have to pick a side.

So... which one will win?

Reactions: GWS_2

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
I dislike both teams. They are both fascist in their own ways. Don't want to join either. But if it comes down to civil war, I suppose I'll have to pick a side.

So... which one will win?
The one with the most guns/ammo/police/tanks/troops.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
The one with the most guns/ammo/police/tanks/troops.
And if it takes more than a couple weeks, food, gas, and supply lines gotta be considered too, right? And since we don't actually manufacture anything any more in this country, ports to get stuff from China?

I don't think any of those factors really change the outcome you'd predict based on the guns/ammo/police/tanks/troops factors you mention, but they would certainly shape the strategies on both sides.

What a mess. I'd like to read the novel, but living it is not an attractive proposition. AK and HI look better and better all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kento

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Neither

We'll all loose
Yeah. Agree 100%

My vote is to shift towards a more decentralized control structure that would allow different populations to run things differently from each other and more to their liking.

Maybe time to redraw all the state boundaries around that concept and double or triple the number of states so that political representation is aligned with culture in a meaningful way. There is a reason the concept of splitting CA into different states comes up from time to time. San Francisco and the San Joaquin Valley have some very different priorities. Denver is a very different culture from rural Colorado. Keep Austin weird, Texas! Memphis chafes under Nashville's control. And on and on it goes.

Doing a reorg sounds way more fun than blowing sh!t up and killing people.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Here's a starting point. All these islands (small in geography, large in population) should be states with sufficient autonomy to do things the way they want. Maybe they each do there own cryptocurrency just for shits and giggles?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Here's a starting point. All these islands (small in geography, large in population) should be states with sufficient autonomy to do things the way they want. Maybe they each do there own cryptocurrency just for shits and giggles?

I liked the concept in The Man in the High Castle where there was a Western State, an Eastern
State, and the area in the middle is basically Thunderdome.

Reactions: crustBrother

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
I liked the concept in The Man in the High Castle where there was a Western State, an Eastern
State, and the area in the middle is basically Thunderdome.
If Newsom hadn't lost his mojo we'd be shoring up our Eastern Defences and casting sideways glances at Texas by now, but no. Maybe he lost his nerve when he got a haircut?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
as much as you joke about it, I would love to see it, but I want Utah and possibly Colorado
on our team because Zion and Powder Days

Reactions: hammies

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I started to read this but wasn't in the mood...I might come back.

I think ifallalot recommended it or mayhaps read it