Endorfins

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
As we can see these will sell for no reason other than marketing.

Just like pretty much everything else in surfing.
Dont you think the weight of the fins matter? These fins float. The weight of the fin is extremely light. I think that is a benefit by itself.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
CI/ FCS has their Aircore Technology... and i quote "Fins with AirCore Technology feature a pressed polyurethane foam core that mimics the geometric foil of the fin. AirCore technology reduces the amount of fiberglass required in the RTM molding process making it much lighter while allowing total manipulation of the flex." -

I see the fact that they float as a benefit. I weighed by Album Fascination Fins vs. Powerdrive Keels and the Album fins were about an heavier. I think the Album was about 0.08 and the and PD were about 0.06.

(maybe it was 0.8 and 0.6... not sure).

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
CI/ FCS has their Aircore Technology... and i quote "Fins with AirCore Technology feature a pressed polyurethane foam core that mimics the geometric foil of the fin. AirCore technology reduces the amount of fiberglass required in the RTM molding process making it much lighter while allowing total manipulation of the flex." -

I see the fact that they float as a benefit. I weighed by Album Fascination Fins vs. Powerdrive Keels and the Album fins were about an heavier. I think the Album was about 0.08 and the and PD were about 0.06.

Marketing mumbo jumbo.

Sounds like it could be cheaper to manufacture though.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site

Freestyle fin tech , FCS "borrowed" Aercore , my template was the largest seller , with no credit - Surfboard World ;-) Secret stuff at T&C back then :)

Reactions: bluemarlin04