Empathy sucks

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
In all seriousness - why would r32 of all people approve me a troll handle?

Do you think his distaste for me is just a con so I can run a nefarious troll network?
No you're right. It's impossible to have more than one email address, and drainer was your only troll, and you totally haven't trolled at any time recently. Nosireebob. There totally aren't fish still occasionally flopping in the ice slurry belowdecks. Nope.

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
No you're right. It's impossible to have more than one email address, and drainer was your only troll, and you totally haven't trolled at any time recently. Nosireebob. There totally aren't fish still occasionally flopping in the ice slurry belowdecks. Nope.
The trolls are not approved because the mods match ISPs.

Like I said, I’ve tried more than a few times.

Never been approved.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

Never been approved.
ISPs?????

Do you mean IP Addresses?

Do you think Scamcast provides me with a static IP when I post from home? Do you think r32 stops watching crypto charts to see if I'm posting from a dynamic IP at home, what I assume is a dynamic IP at work, a dynamic IP when I'm visiting my parents, a dynamic IP when I'm shitposting from Maple Street Biscuit Co, when I'm posting whilst on a surf trip......

There are more posters than ISPs on this between IB and IV and in SC/SF.

• Love
Reactions: plasticbertrand

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
ISPs?????

Do you mean IP Addresses?

Do you think Scamcast provides me with a static IP when I post from home? Do you think r32 stops watching crypto charts to see if I'm posting from a dynamic IP at home, what I assume is a dynamic IP at work, a dynamic IP when I'm visiting my parents, a dynamic IP when I'm shitposting from Maple Street Biscuit Co, when I'm posting whilst on a surf trip......

There are more posters than ISPs on this between IB and IV and in SC/SF.
I’ve got no clue.

I literally have almost 0 interest in electronic technology and stay as far away from that as possible.

All I know is I have an IP address associated my account and the mods are able to see what my IP address

I’ve always assumed they log every users address the registers in some sort of Exel spreadsheet that is searchable.

This place probably sees what maybe one new registered user a week?

Wouldnt be that hard to have a list of everyone’s IP addresses. This would control trolling by people who aren’t friends of r32 I would assume.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I’ve got no clue.

I literally have almost 0 interest in electronic technology and stay as far away from that as possible.

All I know is I have an IP address associated my account and the mods are able to see what my IP address

I’ve always assumed they log every users address the registers in some sort of Exel spreadsheet that is searchable.

This place probably sees what maybe one new registered user a week?

Wouldnt be that hard to have a list of everyone’s IP addresses. This would control trolling by people who aren’t friends of r32 I would assume.
Wew lad.

Okay.

I am guessing maybe one in twenty erBBers - and that's kind of high - have only ever posted from one IP address, and that would be ONLY people who are posting from most likely a commercial-grade ISP with a block of static IPs they pay for. Workplace-only posters, in other words.

You may well have an IP address associated with a given HTTP request. Perhaps when you signed up. Perhaps they track it each time.

But you don't have the same IP Address when you are at home as when you are travelling. I have shatposteth 'ponst the erBB in like 10 US States, five Mexican ones, El Salvador, and Nicaragua.

There is 0.0000000% chance I had the same IP for all that. And the odds that you have the same IP from AT&T or Comcast or whatever ISP you have in Sandy Eggo as you did when you first signed up - assuming the other side of the continent in the fresh hell of Broward/Dade - are pretty slim. Static IPs are not particularly common for residential, Netflix-watching and Amazon-shopping internet users.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009

Never been approved.
Riiiiight suuuure.

I got Joe_Rogans_Nipple handle registered and R32 didn't even bat an eyelash.

I'm just too lazy to troll.

I can do all the trolling with my regular handle.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Wew lad.

Okay.

I am guessing maybe one in twenty erBBers - and that's kind of high - have only ever posted from one IP address, and that would be ONLY people who are posting from most likely a commercial-grade ISP with a block of static IPs they pay for. Workplace-only posters, in other words.

You may well have an IP address associated with a given HTTP request. Perhaps when you signed up. Perhaps they track it each time.

But you don't have the same IP Address when you are at home as when you are travelling. I have shatposteth 'ponst the erBB in like 10 US States, five Mexican ones, El Salvador, and Nicaragua.

There is 0.0000000% chance I had the same IP for all that. And the odds that you have the same IP from AT&T or Comcast or whatever ISP you have in Sandy Eggo as you did when you first signed up - assuming the other side of the continent in the fresh hell of Broward/Dade - are pretty slim. Static IPs are not particularly common for residential, Netflix-watching and Amazon-shopping internet users.
for a short while, the ip addresses that posts were made from were shown in every post here
this was a month or so pre-registration
i saw one thread where there was an argument between two handles posting from the same in address
i decoded the owners of a few trolls
it was kind of eye opening
and weird
and then it was gone

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
for a short while, the ip addresses that posts were made from were shown in every post here
this was a month or so pre-registration
i saw one thread where there was an argument between two handles posting from the same in address
i decoded the owners of a few trolls
it was kind of eye opening
and weird
and then it was gone
^^ look who that got a reaction from

• Love
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit