Elon isn't a free-speech absolutist after all.....

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
If it wasn't too crowded and too expensive he'd still think Santa Cruz is the best place on Earth. 5-10 people out at da spots and it'd be a tough argue.
But somebody who is in their 20s probably still thinks that SC is the best place on earth.

Becoming old and bitter sucks.

PS Phoenix is a shithole.

Reactions: mundus and Havoc

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
But somebody who is in their 20s probably still thinks that SC is the best place on earth.

Becoming old and bitter sucks.
If that somebody is a trust-funder pro surfer, whose dad is named Harbor Jim or whatever, maybe. I am in my early 40s, no kids, no debt, and the sticker shock and crowds...what 20-something can afford Santa Cruz, really?

I mean I had the patience to deal with at Sebastian Inlet, but there were so many wedges all over the place that if you surfed a 2-hour session with 60 guys out you'd see a couple go unridden. SC was just mental.

PS Phoenix is a shithole.
The sprawl and Summers must be miserable but I'm watching every 29" hardtail review known to man on youtube and it looks like there are some fun places around. Flagstaff and Santa Fe look preferable though.

Also while we're arguing can you offer any feedback on the slack vs upright head tube thing, or the "trail hardtail" vs XC setup in general? A couple of the (very short) descents feel unnerving on my current (ancient, upright, and one size too big) rig, but then again we don't have much climbing either, and I generally am not obsessed with trying to blitz the tighter tree sections nor will I ever enter a real race. Everyone else I see is on some mega-fancy full suspension setup.

Scottsdale is actually pretty nice.
:monkey:

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
If that somebody is a trust-funder pro surfer, whose dad is named Harbor Jim or whatever, maybe. I am in my early 40s, no kids, no debt, and the sticker shock and crowds...what 20-something can afford Santa Cruz, really?

I mean I had the patience to deal with at Sebastian Inlet, but there were so many wedges all over the place that if you surfed a 2-hour session with 60 guys out you'd see a couple go unridden. SC was just mental.

The sprawl and Summers must be miserable but I'm watching every 29" hardtail review known to man on youtube and it looks like there are some fun places around. Flagstaff and Santa Fe look preferable though.

Also while we're arguing can you offer any feedback on the slack vs upright head tube thing, or the "trail hardtail" vs XC setup in general? A couple of the (very short) descents feel unnerving on my current (ancient, upright, and one size too big) rig, but then again we don't have much climbing either, and I generally am not obsessed with trying to blitz the tighter tree sections nor will I ever enter a real race. Everyone else I see is on some mega-fancy full suspension setup.

:monkey:

Northern Arizona is a completely different country. Saying that a redeeming feature of living in Phoenix is being close to Flagstaff, is like saying that living in Camden is great because you're close to New York. :monkey:

The slacker head angle will give you a little more stability on descents and make steering a bit less twitchy at speed but it will be a little harder on technical climbs because you'll have less weight over the front wheel and longer turning radius.
I think if you're going for a hardtail, I'd rather have a light XC set up than a "trail" bike.
The hard tail will never be as fun on descents as a slack geometry full sus so might as well have fun going up and putting miles under the wheels.
Besides that, the modern XC geometry has become much slacker and XC bikes are now actually as fun going down as they are going up.
I have a Canyon Lux that I absolutely adore and it's a pure XC bike. The weird part is that it's way more fun on descents than my trail bike and sometimes faster too, according to Strava.
It's kind of like driving a smaller displacement, light sports car and being able to really stretch the revs.
Even though you are not going as fast as you would with a big burly engine, it feels fast and fun because you're flooring it.
I even raced it, poorly. :poop:

1669926925385.png

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
racism sells
antisemitism sells
homophobia sells
cultural division sells
hate propels some into power

we're being sold to

Last edited:
Reactions: need 4 speed

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
^How history repeats itself is rather interesting. Looking forward to the public Tweets of Leon's testing.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
It’s wild watching all the same people who sh!t their pants over Bill Gates microchips in vaccines dangle from Elon Musks balls while he actually plans on putting microchips inside of people.

Just like Trump, I probably disapprove of most of what Musk does

But also just like Trump, I enjoy how he makes you and your ilk cry much more

• Haha
Reactions: $kully