Elon isn't a free-speech absolutist after all.....

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
just watch for Tesla and SpaceX to publicly communicate that Elon doesn't drive their respective ships

he's already spent his money...and even if he does dump a bunch of shares on the market, that's just another buy opportunity

I don't know why more people aren't EXCITED about the potential of EV and some of the domestic energy sources that are being developed. imagine being able to tell OPEC to go get fkd!

our grid is a strategic vulnerability...we know this. we are moving towards a world where China WANTS to unseat us as the dominant global player

we need to be hardening our systems and making them more adaptable
I just bought some.

You can be my new Doug stoke adisor.

It's up 40 cents.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
What didn't you understand when Musk sold massive shares of Tesla? The electric vehicle industry has already outstripped its supplies. There is no future to expand into.
He sold Tesla, is selling Tesla, and will sell Tesla because he ran his mouth and was going to be forced, by a court, to buy Twitter for $44B he didn't have in cash.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
He sold Tesla, is selling Tesla, and will sell Tesla because he ran his mouth and was going to be forced, by a court, to buy Twitter for $44B he didn't have in cash.
Corporate executives sell shares on a scheduled basis all the time. While his sale of some stock was clearly to pay for Twitter, most are standard sales.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Corporate executives sell shares on a scheduled basis all the time. While his sale of some stock was clearly to pay for Twitter, most are standard sales.
You should tell Elon Musk that - get him up to speed.

Just out of curiosity, do you agree with Squidley that: "The electric vehicle industry has already outstripped its supplies."

Follow up: Musk sold a bunch of Tesla in April and in August. He blabbed his mouth about Twitter in April. Are you convinved the two are in no way correlated?

Another edit - fckng CNBC. The text blurb/chyron thingy on the second video in that link says he sold $19.5 million in Tesla stock when he sold 19.5 million shares. Fockinnell.

Last edited:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
You should tell Elon Musk that - get him up to speed.

Just out of curiosity, do you agree with Squidley that: "The electric vehicle industry has already outstripped its supplies."

Follow up: Musk sold a bunch of Tesla in April and in August. He blabbed his mouth about Twitter in April. Are you convinved the two are in no way correlated?

Another edit - fckng CNBC. The text blurb/chyron thingy on the second video in that link says he sold $19.5 million in Tesla stock when he sold 19.5 million shares. Fockinnell.
I'm not sure what part of "while the sale of some of his stock was clearly to pay for Twitter..." is unclear?

And I laughed at Squidley's post.

And I own an EV. And I love it.