Electric vehicle fuel

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Not necessarily a law but an executive order issued by the Governor, which has, in many ways, more teeth than a law. So unless we elect a republican for governor, it might as well be a law.
What if Gruesome bails to run for Prezzy, fails, then does a Moonbeam and this chicken is set up to come home to roost on his watch?
Did the UK 2035 mandate predate Gruesome's EO?
The EU?
Japan (by 2030)?

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I am willing to bet that by 2035, 90% of all cars sold in America outside of California will either be hybrid or full EV. I am pretty sure ICE vehicles are in a death spiral, destined to go the way of the stick shift (mandates notwithstanding).

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
What if Gruesome bails to run for Prezzy, fails, then does a Moonbeam and this chicken is set up to come home to roost on his watch?
The EU?
Japan (by 2030)?
Posturing.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
The EU?
Japan (by 2030)?
If he bails to run for president and wins, we are doomed as a Nation. And yes, it will be some inept special interest panderer that will win and CA will continue its decline.
If he does run, his time on the campaign trail is going to be costly for any of his traveling staff (including security) that are State employees. CA forbids State Employees using State funds for travel to 22 states.
How does he justify campaigning in TX, FL, OH, etc... while concurrently banning State funded travel to those states without looking like the tool he is?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
you still think the automakers are driving this?

why do you think they’re attempting to get ahead of the curve?
Because that’s where the new car market is headed. Oil is subsidized. EV is subsidized. The market has never been a free market.

All this said, you can likely drive an ice vehicle until you die. In CA or in AZ.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Because that’s where the new car market is headed. Oil is subsidized. EV is subsidized. The market has never been a free market.

All this said, you can likely drive an ice vehicle until you die. In CA or in AZ.
And why do you think the market is headed this way?

it wouldn’t be ridiculous CAFE standards, states mandating new vehicles sold have to be EV, and manufacturer-wide efficiency targets, would it?

the demand is not equal to the push

Reactions: laidback

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
And why do you think the market is headed this way?

it wouldn’t be ridiculous CAFE standards, states mandating new vehicles sold have to be EV, and manufacturer-wide efficiency targets, would it?

the demand is not equal to the push
lol ok

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
People charge EV’s when they are home. In California it’s cheaper to charge your EV in the middle of the day then overnight.
SDG&E fees for charging between Midnight and 6 AM are incredibly cheap compared to charging during the morning, day, or night. The computer in my wife’s Tesla was user friendly enough that even I could set the charging times to correlate to the cheap time to charge. Only had to set it up once. The first month ownership of the Tesla increased our electric bill $9 or $10. I used a Tesla “supercharger” once, it ran $18 to take the energy from about 10% left to 90% full. 22 minutes.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
SDG&E fees for charging between Midnight and 6 AM are incredibly cheap compared to charging during the morning, day, or night. The computer in my wife’s Tesla was user friendly enough that even I could set the charging times to correlate to the cheap time to charge. Only had to set it up once. The first month ownership of the Tesla increased our electric bill $9 or $10. I used a Tesla “supercharger” once, it ran $18 to take the energy from about 10% left to 90% full. 22 minutes.
Yes but you can't tow a three horse trailer with it.

It's just a fad

• Love
Reactions: john4surf and afoaf

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Must not be a California meme

Of course its not a California meme ya dummy.