Electric vehicle fuel

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
More realizations of people spending $90k + on a "more juiced up" EV truck only to find out they can only haul their RV for 100 miles a charge. That's less than 2 hours on the freeway a day.

EV's are cool, but like most battery powered machines, extended constant usage under more than typical conditions, they burn thru charge quick. Like 50% less than typical.

I'll wait until the EV's can haul more than the huge weight of the battery for an extended range.

Reactions: Ifallalot and PRCD

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
More realizations of people spending $90k + on a "more juiced up" EV truck only to find out they can only haul their RV for 100 miles a charge. That's less than 2 hours on the freeway a day.

EV's are cool, but like most battery powered machines, extended constant usage under more than typical conditions, they burn thru charge quick. Like 50% less than typical.

I'll wait until the EV's can haul more than the huge weight of the battery for an extended range.
2 hours a day? How long do you think it takes to charge an ev lol?

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
2 hours a day? How long do you think it takes to charge an ev lol?
How long does it take to charge a large EV truck battery FULL on a typical roadside charger? 1 hour, 2 hours? Maybe more?

How many times do you stop to charge while trying to go 200-300 miles in a day that you normally can do with a ICE truck in 4-6 hours (easily) at that range on freeway drives?

You basically add 2-4 hours to the same trip with EV truck hauling a RV.

Reactions: Ifallalot and PRCD

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
got it. Just seeing 2 rollers instead of 3 or 4. Non-newtonian?

it’s been awhile but remember there’s a few ph precipitation steps and didn’t know if stainless would cut it for product contact

I’m used to <60-80cP and <50 psi. Aqueous l, high value biologics. fully disposable. No cip/sip.
10-4.
You're using more of a lab style pump feeding a mass spec or some other instrument or process.
These are very different and made for industrial and municipal applications. The slurry being pumped is in this instance is considered newtonian as the viscosity doesn't change during the process. One of their slurries is 4,500 cP and the other is 6,500 cP. Hence the need for the retractable roller.
We specialize in pumping high viscosity non-newtonian fluids, foams and high solids laden sludges and slurries. On the smaller sied we do a lot of chem-feed/dosing of water/wastewater treatment chemicals. Especially those that off-gas like sodium hypochlorite, etc....

Reactions: Senor Sopa and PRCD

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
How long does it take to charge a large EV truck battery FULL on a typical roadside charger? 1 hour, 2 hours? Maybe more?

How many times do you stop to charge while trying to go 200-300 miles in a day that you normally can do with a ICE truck in 4-6 hours (easily) at that range on freeway drives?

You basically add 2-4 hours to the same trip with EV truck hauling a RV.
30-45 minutes.

and yes, they’re not good for towing yet. That’s not in dispute. Most people with F150s don’t tow anyway.

Reactions: afoaf

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
30-45 minutes.

and yes, they’re not good for towing yet. That’s not in dispute. Most people with F150s don’t tow anyway.
Then Ford probably shouldn't be using this and other similar images in their advertising.

Hearing more than a few people reporting online that paid $90-96k to haul an RV, boat or trailer not very pleased with the results.

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf and GromsDad

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Oh a meme. Well, we don't need any evidence I guess.

I have a photo of environmental damage that drilling for oil creates. So my photo beats your meme, no data necessary.

1663254262320.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
The problem with your picture numb nuts is that you mistakenly believe EVs are magically zero emission and zero environmental impact
Uh no, that's what you want to believe I believe. AKA strawman

Not one person said EV's have zero environmental impact.

Not.

One.

Single.

Person.

Zero emissions? That's accurate.

Many times less environmental impact than drilling and burning oil? Yes.

But your meme is better than facts. Looser.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
electric vehicles are not there yet for me

but Aptera might change that...

1663270049334.png

maybe i *wont* end up in a van by the river after all!

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
30-45 minutes.

So 10x longer than it takes to fill up a tank of gas. And every 200 miles

Good for a commuter car

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Last edited:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Nice meme.

Here’s what oil sands look like

So 10x longer than it takes to fill up a tank of gas. And every 200 miles

Good for a commuter car
overnight and for 1/6 the price. Why do you leave that out?

Not for everyone yet, but the average person drives 40 miles a day.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
batteries will never get better.
range will never get better.
charging infrastructure will never get better.

oh well...may as well just give up now...

saracsm noted and appreciated, but we really do need more flintstones and less jetsons in our lives, or at least a better balance

bicycles (not electric) are a great example IMHO

1663275278158.png

ps - welcome back!

• Love

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Uh no, that's what you want to believe I believe. AKA strawman

Not one person said EV's have zero environmental impact.

Not.

One.

Single.

Person.

Zero emissions? That's accurate.

Many times less environmental impact than drilling and burning oil? Yes.

But your meme is better than facts. Looser.
his narratives are fragile and fall apart easily under scrutiny. e.g. he thinks Homer Simpson actually lives in Martha's Vineyard.

re: this thread....has anyone here ever actually bought a vehicle with environmental impact in mind? not me - when i bought my hybrid in 2015, all i was thinking about was better gas mileage. with the current car buying climate, i'll hang on to it as long as i can.