Electric Lawnmowers

RemyXO

Michael Peterson status
Mar 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo
As an option, if you don't want to paint or finish the wall, you could plant a creeping fig vine 6'-8' on-center along the base. It's a "clinging" vine that will cover the wall in no time. Just be sure to keep it trimmed so that it doesn't run over the wall and onto your neighbor's side.

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Ended up with the ryobi. First mow…

View attachment 139678

now does anyone have any experience with Limewashing cinder block walls? Debating if I should do that or stucco and paint before we plant hedges around the perimeter.
This obviously isn't my place.
santa_barbara_finish_01.jpg
We had that shitty super rough stucco finish on our place when we first bought it.
HAD TO GO.
We got what is called a Santa Barbara finish (pictured here) in the same color.
There was a block wall on one end of the yard, for a extra $500 we had the guys do that too.
It all turned out pretty sweet.
Have the patio slab stamped.

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
View attachment 139746

Nice penis cactus. Looks like it has a bad case of HPV.

View attachment 139745
View attachment 139746

Nice penis cactus. Looks like it has a bad case of HPV.

View attachment 139745
why plant a hedge? Just more for you to deal with. My neighbor, on one side of me has a 12 foot hibiscus hedge on his side of my fence and property line that he never maintains and I, always have to cut the hedge that flips over onto my side of the fence line. I've offered to cut it but it's a no go. So in return, I'm just going to install a wooden fence after I pull the old wife fence out. I'm done dealing with hedge maintenance on both sides of my property line from my neighbors. :cursing:

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
why plant a hedge? Just more for you to deal with. My neighbor, on one side of me has a 12 foot hibiscus hedge on his side of my fence and property line that he never maintains and I, always have to cut the hedge that flips over onto my side of the fence line. I've offered to cut it but it's a no go. So in return, I'm just going to install a wooden fence after I pull the old wife fence out. I'm done dealing with hedge maintenance on both sides of my property line from my neighbors. :cursing:
20 years of trimming neighbors trees planted too close to our lots dividing lines agrees with this action.

:applause2:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Hedges can be problematic when they're growing onto your property.

A neighbor had one growing into my parent's yard, a messy 10 ft wall of sh!t.

My dad was cutting it back one afternoon and apparently disturbed the neighbor's drinking time.

It went south from there.:toilet:

The one thing I've noticed is people with horrible looking encroaching hedges are really protective of them.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I love my hedges
my neighbors on either side like them too
not sure about the ones behind me
in the back, they’re about 20 feet high, which is great for privacy

Last edited:
Reactions: keenfish