Electoral college. You decide.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
The Constitution places scheduling of presidential electoral votes in the hands of congress. According to congressional edict all state presidential vote totals must be certified by December 13, six days before the Electoral College meets by state on December 19 to total the electoral votes. Congress convenes on January 6 to count electoral votes.

Jill Stein and Hillary Clinton have filed for a recount of the Wisconsin presidential vote. Today is November 28. It's 15 days until the statutory deadline for Wisconsin's vote certification. According to Wisconsin law all recounts will be done by hand.

There is not time to recount all of Wisconsin's presidential votes and certify them in the remaining 15 day time period. All of these factors were known before Jill and Hillary filed for a recount. Add that Wisconsin's electoral votes alone are insufficient to hand the election to Hillary.

Jill and Hillary knew that they could not win a recount. What do you suppose their strategy could be?

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
The strategy is to expose the fraud.

He already lost the popular vote by 2.5 million, the most in history.

Trump will be the president who didn't win the presidency.

What more would you want.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
FecalFace said:

Oh you pooooooor discriminated-against person (cupcake).

So according to you Hillary's strategy is to let Trump become president.....
:roflmao:

Idiot.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
squidley said:
FecalFace said:

Idiot.
The strategy is to make Trump the most unpopular president in history and make him go away before the first term is over.

He is doing a pretty good job without anybody's help.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
squidley said:
FecalFace said:

Idiot.
actually, yes. She's not driving the recount efforts and only signed on because she would like the benefit on the very off chance anything comes from it.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
USSR_HACKR said:
If you subtract all of the illegal votes by the illegals, Trump will win the popular vote by millions.
There is zero evidence of this.

Your really good at drinking the Trump kool aid.

Blindly following denial of facts.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
As one who lost the popular vote by over 2 million votes and is now claiming that millions of them were illegal votes shouldn't he be eager and willing to participate in any recounts? Especially as our President shouldn't he show some leadership and desire to bring clarity to our electoral process? But no, he's doing the only thing he knows how to do and thats have late-night twitter tantrums :bawling:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
1 Do we believe him when he said that the election is rigged?

2 Do we believe him now that there is widespread fraud? (see image above of Twitter account)

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Here is the deal with the psychopath.

Reality doesn't matter.

They will try to shape perception with their will in a way that serves them.

So it''s silly to even have this conversation.

Liars always lie.

I think the mistake Trump supporters make is they think: "Yeah, he's a psychopath but he's our psychopath."

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Autoprax said:
I think the mistake Trump supporters make is they think: "Yeah, he's a psychopath but he's our psychopath."
I think I've brought up this angle before....

An older friend is pretty much convinced the higher you go in politics, the more sociopath the personality, and the best you can hope for is that the one you vote for will try to kill you last...well, more or less that sums up his theory.

Seems too much along the lines of "Cops are just criminals who work for us", you know the idea behind Dexter the the TV show, to be 100% true.

I really don't know if I agree with this position, it smacks of that that old trap of reading into patterns to better explain stuff one fully doesn't comprehend (therefore stopping the search for a better, more accurate, set of facts to lead to the truth of the matter)..,....the flip side of the this trap is accepting what your are being fed by not engaging your brain. Both traps in the end though.

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/11/28/elections-staff-layout-recount-timeline/94539210/

stein never wanted a recount; too expensive. she just wanted to receive and keep the donations, which she will.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Mr Doof said:
Autoprax said:
I think I've brought up this angle before....

An older friend is pretty much convinced the higher you go in politics, the more sociopath the personality, and the best you can hope for is that the one you vote for will try to kill you last...well, more or less that sums up his theory.

Seems too much along the lines of "Cops are just criminals who work for us", you know the idea behind Dexter the the TV show, to be 100% true.

I really don't know if I agree with this position, it smacks of that that old trap of reading into patterns to better explain stuff one fully doesn't comprehend (therefore stopping the search for a better, more accurate, set of facts to lead to the truth of the matter)..,....the flip side of the this trap is accepting what your are being fed by not engaging your brain. Both traps in the end though.
There is probably some truth to the generalization.

Some psychopaths are nicer than others.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
As it turns out Wisconsin's election board today turned down Hillary's request for a hand recount, agreeing instead to audit the original count. This might have just become a memory.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Does anyone else besides me see the irony between liberals protesting the EC in favor of the popular vote vs liberals advocating EC delegates to ignore the intentions of the popular vote in their state and act as "faithless delegates" in opposition to that vote?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
manbearpig said:
USSR_HACKR said:
If you subtract all of the illegal votes by the illegals, Trump will win the popular vote by millions.
There is zero evidence of this.

Your really good at drinking the Trump kool aid.

Blindly following denial of facts.
I'd be all for a recount so long as all voter registrations are checked and cross referenced with current addresses, citizenship records and death records. Take as long as you'd like. Imprison for a minimum of 10 years anyone found to have committed fraud.

PS: My wife mentioned the other day that when she voted one of our neighbors who doesn't reside in our town showed up to vote. The house is a second home shared by her and her siblings and is only occupied one or two days a week. I strongly suspect this individual also voted in the town 50 miles away where she actually resides. Do I inquire of the two municipalities to check their records???