El Cardon (Seven Sisters), Baja CA

Nov 13, 2015
Heyo, I'm starting to plan a trip to El Cardon in Baja (one of the Seven Sisters right point breaks) for late March/early April and am looking for any info on the break and getting there you guys are willing to share. If you'd rather not divulge over the internets send me a DM, please. A friend of mine was there two Thanksgivings ago but I haven't been able to get a hold of him to get the details. I know it doesn't get any south swell and is a north-west, west-north-west spot and I'm pretty sure 4wd isn't totally necessary and a 2wd with some ground clearance will work but I'd love any input from anyone that has been there. What sort of wave size should I expect in late March/early April? I'm an intermediate surfer and was hoping for waves in the waist to shoulder high size if possible. Is it more of a longboard or fish wave or short board too? How long does it take to get there from San Diego? TIA

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
graded road and Locals do worse roads in beater Hondas running on 3 cylinders.

How long it takes depends on many factors and most you can figure out on a map. Think average 50 MPH/average on the highway.

have fun

Nov 13, 2015
I was hoping it won't be totally flat and at least log-able. Any else been down there?

Drumsurf

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 4, 2012
Beach
Just go to The Wall. Better wave that collects way more swell. Hope for some NW though. Not going to pick up south at either spot. If you're intent on Cardon check the tides for when you want to go. It's tide dependent.