Effects of Family Structure on Crime

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
81.5% of single parent households are headed by women. Of the single mothers, 50% of them were never married, 29% of them are divorced and 21% are either separated or widowed. 70% of divorces are initiated by the wife.

50% - Never married
20.3% - Divorced, mom-initiated (.70 x .29 = .203)
14.7% - Separated/widowed, mom-initiated (.70 * .21 = .147)
-----------
85% of single moms are there by choice, less whatever percentage are actually widowed.

Sorry/not sorry
how much of your 20.3% is mom-initiated because the husband isn't living up
to their end of the bargain?

"widowed"..."by choice"

ahahahahaha

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
pointing to red states with a high divorce rate and trying to equate that
with fatherlessness, the core point being made, is disingenuous
That was a failed gotcha by someone trying to make some dumb point about conservatives. Probably mundus

• Haha
Reactions: FecalFace

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
This.

Also, a lot of the screeching about “traditional family” comes from the people who are stuck in unhappy relationships and who don’t have the courage to change their circumstances.

Which circles back to their favorite feeling - spitefulness. GDaddy talks about eternal adolescence and how terrible it is to just go surfing and be happy.

Everybody should be miserable in relationships just like they are because that’s what real men do.

How does a child benefit exactly growing up with miserable parents who don’t get along?
You have your priorities in life, and I have mine. My family is important to me, so I have lived my life accordingly.

But since you mentioned surfing, the main reason I got into repairing and building surfboards was to build/maintain our gear without going broke. Surfing with my kids has enabled me to spend many, many hours together with them over the years and to keep an eye on their friends while they were growing up.

I seldom surf alone, and even I find it difficult to describe the stoke I get from watching one of them get a good set wave on a board I built for them. Just the fact that I can describe a long and happy marriage and my affinity for my kids and then you somehow jump at the chance to interpret that as a dull and meaningless life speaks to the difference in personal values between us.

Last edited:

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
how much of your 20.3% is mom-initiated because the husband isn't living up
to their end of the bargain?

"widowed"..."by choice"

ahahahahaha
You're engaging in FF-level creative reading with your last. I explicitly excluded the widows due to not having the stat for how many there actually are.

"less whatever percentage are actually widowed. "

Obviously, I would have preferred to have the number of widows in order to exclude them, but I didn't have it handy and I didn't make the effort to go look for it. My bad.

As for why women initiate 70% of all divorces, "he-made-me-do-it" is certainly a factor. But that also begs the question of why the woman chose that particular male to be the father of her kids in the first place. Not to mention the corresponding question of how many divorces get triggered - by either party - as a result of the woman not holding her end up.

Again, 50% of the single moms were never married to begin with. That's not nothing and it doesn't speak to these women acting morally superior to men in any way.

Last edited:

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
You have your priorities in life, and I have mine. My family is important to me, so I have lived my life accordingly.
That's fine but you're negatively judging my priorities and imply that my family is not important to me and that I'm a terrible father, so I judge yours, which in my view are insane. To marry someone because of their "familial ties"?

Just the fact that I can describe a long and happy marriage and my affinity for my kids and then you somehow jump at the chance to interpret that as a dull and meaningless life speaks to the difference in personal values between us.
Again, you judge children of single mothers and want to cut support for them.
You blame mothers and you think that divorce is immoral.
You judge people who choose different path from yours.
Is that a part of your "personal values"?

Your life sounds dull the way you describe relationships, not just yours but the ones you project on other people.

Just the fact that you solely blame women for unwanted pregnancies and that you think that women are motivated by government subsidies to have sex and get pregnant, reveals more about your relationships than anything else.

You need to reexamine your personal values.

Children growing up in homes with unhappy parents and constant conflict are way more likely to be fvcked up that those from divorced parents.

But of course, you think that the absence of father figure makes children "feminine", never mind the mass shooters who come from two parent families.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
You're just making my point for me. My family life makes me and mine happy. My kids are continuing the relationship examples I followed from my parents and which I have set for them. You seem to have hated your's and found it dull, miserable and frustrating. I would anticipate your kid will be more likely to follow your example than to break with it. You/yours wouldn't trade places with me/mine and we won't be trading places with you.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
You're just making my point for me. My family life makes me and mine happy. My kids are continuing the examples I followed from my parents and which I have set for them. You seem to have hated your's. I would anticipate your kid will be more likely to follow your example than to break with it. You/yours wouldn't trade places with me/mine and we won't be trading places with you.
How am I making your point?

I "hated mine" what? I don't hate anything.

And my kid following my example is not the worst thing in the world.

Much better than following the example of being a bigoted piece of sh!t.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I already saw my youngest son's daughter this morning, and we've got a grandkid over for the day so I get to have that time with him. He's going to grow up understanding that fair/equal > nice/equity because we're going to teach him how to deal with weaklings like you.

You're going to be waiting a long time before any of mine become SJWs. We don't raise tofu bleeders.

• Haha

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
You're going to be waiting a long time before any of mine become SJWs. We don't raise tofu bleeders.
God forbid that you teach your kids that being a xenophobe, racist, misogynist is a bad thing.

You are breeding little neo-fascist clones of yourself.

I'll stick to being a Soiboi, no qualms about that.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
you're right. your framing of the stats was so troubling that I did not fully read the
entirety of the post and missed your caveat re: widows.

there is still A LOT to unpack...

you can chip away at your "there by choice" argument at each statistical cohort;
do they not marry because the man cheated or fell off the wagon? did they initiate
divorce because the dude turned out to be a terrible spouse/father? is the onus for
unpredictable outcomes always placed on the woman?

why are single parent households 80+% headed by women? the court system does
NOT favor men....so how much of that is the legal framework predisposing the numbers
towards women?

I have no clue why you inserted the "acting morally superior to men" tidbit at the end.

were we talking about morality here? what impact does morality and your moralizing
over the problem have relative to the multitudinous socio-economic factors that also
come in to play?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
you're right. your framing of the stats was so troubling that I did not fully read the
entirety of the post and missed your caveat re: widows.

there is still A LOT to unpack...

you can chip away at your "there by choice" argument at each statistical cohort;
do they not marry because the man cheated or fell off the wagon? did they initiate
divorce because the dude turned out to be a terrible spouse/father? is the onus for
unpredictable outcomes always placed on the woman?

why are single parent households 80+% headed by women? the court system does
NOT favor men....so how much of that is the legal framework predisposing the numbers
towards women?

I have no clue why you inserted the "acting morally superior to men" tidbit at the end.

were we talking about morality here? what impact does morality and your moralizing
over the problem have relative to the multitudinous socio-economic factors that also
come in to play?
That's fair enough - I injected the "morally superior" element because I see so much social commentary about single moms being brave and fierce and virtuous and it's the men who are invariably the assholes of society.

• Haha