East vs. West

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
16 in. in my byard.
most in 4 yrs said paper...:drowning:
In the New Years weekend snow storm there was officially 14 inches in my town. This storm was definitely less here. Would be really hard to put a number on this one though because there is so much drifting. I'm thinking 10-12. This one was unique to me because for here at the beach it was very powdery and drifted like crazy. Usually the snow we get here is much wetter. I've got bare lawn and four foot high drifts in my yard.

Reactions: potato-nator

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West- Good and crowded and Mediocre (mostly closed out)... and you can wear your shorts.

The lefts in the video of Blacks look a whole lot like the beach break at the end of my street other than our typical water color. Obviously Blacks gets good a lot more often but the shape of that left barrel looks like home.

Managed to dig up a picture with decent water color and warm water from this past September.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
The lefts in the video of Blacks look a whole lot like the beach break at the end of my street other than our typical water color. Obviously Blacks gets good a lot more often but the shape of that left barrel looks like home.

Managed to dig up a picture with decent water color and warm water from this past September.

Take a look at the offshore bathymetry of both spots. Very different.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Take a look at the offshore bathymetry of both spots. Very different.
not even close, the EC is steeper and hollower due to the shorter period swells and shallow sea beds. The same 15 second period swell hitting a NJ beach break would be a 2 second ride instead of an 6-8 second ride.

Reactions: CutnSnip and mundus

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom

This freaking guy compares the wave down the street to just about every A+ spot on the planet :roflmao:

just because it’s barreling doesn’t mean it looks like pipe/blacks/sunset

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
This freaking guy compares the wave down the street to just about every A+ spot on the planet :roflmao:

just because it’s barreling doesn’t mean it looks like pipe/blacks/sunset
What part of this from my post didn't you understand? "lefts in the video of Blacks"
Is english your second language? What do you think "In the video" means? Does it mean the day of the year at Blacks?
PS: Yur a dick.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
What part of this from my post didn't you understand? "lefts in the video of Blacks"
Is english your second language? What do you think "In the video" means? Does it mean the day of the year at Blacks?
PS: Yur a dick.
No but clearly English is your second language :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

PS: yur sensitive
PPS: yur also fat

Reactions: menobrah