East vs. West

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I've been an EC surfer for longer than most of you have been alive.
I have to be honest with you.
Did you ever wonder why there are no pictures of good East Coast waves from the days before the existence of Photo Shop?
Don't waste your time travelling here.
All I know if I was leaving Hawaii and wanted to surf still- I wouldn't be going to California but the Northeast.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Jet blue just emailed me some cheap ass flight to aguadill. I don’t really have much money to burn but there is swell inbound and I haven’t surfed in months . The storm that is going to hit us Saturday ought to send solid surf south early next week

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Yeah I’m glad I made my ducats when I did. I liquified before too much damage was done

oh and i bought a grand of cheap ALGO. that might be worth something one day, or not
You liquified? Sounds like you sativafied.

I don’t really have much money to burn
oh and i bought a grand of cheap ALGO. that might be worth something one day, or not
I don’t really have much money to burn
:monkey: :monkey:

A good surf in the hand is worth two bags in the bush! Score!

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Born and raised EC, learned to surf in PR, moved to WC as soon as had the means, then to EU, then retired CI.

If I had to pick one, for surf reasons alone, it'd be WC, as close to the Mexican border as safely and comfortably possible.

Just my 0.02€ sense.

:shrug:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Man you surfed today?! Was it not just blown flat victory at sea 50 mph north winds?

little mo east had a little mo swell? Cause I saw no reason to get out in that wind for knee high waves

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Jet blue just emailed me some cheap ass flight to aguadill. I don’t really have much money to burn but there is swell inbound and I haven’t surfed in months . The storm that is going to hit us Saturday ought to send solid surf south early next week
I'm booked on Spirit to chase this one.......god I hate Spirit but this flight is non-stop each way and is timed so we will get to surf both on the day of arrival and the day we depart. $246 for two tickets and about $500 for two board bags and one checked bag for camera gear and essentials. Fook You Spirit. Rented a nice two bedroom airBnB that puts us within walking distance of some mellowish reefs for me and some really sketchy hollow ones for my son.

VaB

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
I'm booked on Spirit to chase this one.......god I hate Spirit but this flight is non-stop each way and is timed so we will get to surf both on the day of arrival and the day we depart. $246 for two tickets and about $500 for two board bags and one checked bag for camera gear and essentials. Fook You Spirit. Rented a nice two bedroom airBnB that puts us within walking distance of some mellowish reefs for me and some really sketchy hollow ones for my son.
Stoked for you. Hope you guys score or atleast have an awesome father/son experience. $1k for a lifetime memory; not bad at all.

VaB

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
Used to be the idiot who surfed during and after snowstorms and freezing days, Since I am basically neutered at 49, do not surf when air temp is below freezing.
Still that idiot but VB never gets super cold. Jersey used to get pretty cold and guys north of there are hard core. I remember loosing fine motor control of my hand one time in NJ and having to warm up in a dunkin donuts entry way in order to get into my car