east coasters check in

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
Straight east, SW wind. I’ll likely pass. not worth spending the brownie points.

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
I'm on it, but wait and see but there will be something, worth an hour, at least, for water time.
-Saturday may be the day with leftovers and wind dying

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
It has absolutely sucked here in FL

Terrible Spring so far
Dang I thought it had been pretty fun so far. March didn't have a really good standout swell event but it was its usual consistent self and we're getting a front a week recently.

Although this last one kind of stalled out and spread out, and so last night's phantom cleanup might be all we get out of this one. First session in just a top and trunks since Palm Beach in mid-January.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Dang I thought it had been pretty fun so far. March didn't have a really good standout swell event but it was its usual consistent self and we're getting a front a week recently.

Although this last one kind of stalled out and spread out, and so last night's phantom cleanup might be all we get out of this one. First session in just a top and trunks since Palm Beach in mid-January.
Seemed like you guys had a lot of surf over the winter.

McHatin

Nep status
Apr 11, 2010

I live in Melbourne but I check the Jax cams everyday and it's been better up there than it has down here in terms of ridable days. The winds here have been erratic, and winds with south-component pick up earlier and stronger.

I'll be in Jax this weekend so maybe I can get lucky

Reactions: Dekerwild

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Seemed like you guys had a lot of surf over the winter.
We had a pretty good cycle there sync'd up with the weekends. Surf during the week too, but it's nice to have the whole day in wetsuit season when it's not a packed out.

I live in Melbourne but I check the Jax cams everyday and it's been better up there than it has down here in terms of ridable days. The winds here have been erratic, and winds with south-component pick up earlier and stronger.

The Pier will have something to ride at the higher tide stage guaranteed. Water temp is about top temp, 69-70.

Air will be cool and dry!

I have determined continental Florida has way better wind condition than peninsular Florida, aka the onshore wind tunnel.

Dekerwild

OTF status
Jul 28, 2017

Since this past June, up here in N FL we’ve had about 12 random days of total flatness. I work from home so I can basically surf everyday if warrented. Otherwise it seems like it’s been 3.6ft at 7-8seconds or bigger. I’ve seen it go flat for 3 months so this past season has been a blessing for sure. We have waves that break at all tides here, where as Melbourne area your kinda f’d if the tide is too high on some of the smaller swells.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Got home from the office at 6, looked at it, was not inspired whatsoever, went back and finished up some work. I gotta chase a spring swell in nica or wherever. My buzz from that dumb luck run of fun surf in California 6 weeks ago has worn off.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
I hate east wind, fucks up the lefts. That said certain jetties in queens were really fun this eve...This winter has been W wind craziness. Been driving to jerz even after I swore I would never again. Cant remember the last time we had even a half day of N wind.