East Coast Crew

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
ECSC kicking off here tomorrow. Sponnos flying in from all over - gonna be like watching paint dry.
Don't know why anyone would spend the money to compete in that one. There are almost never waves worth running in. Hold it in late September or October when accommodations there are more reasonable and there is a better chance of scoring decent surf.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Don't know why anyone would spend the money to compete in that one. There are almost never waves worth running in. Hold it in late September or October when accommodations there are more reasonable and there is a better chance of scoring decent surf.
People spend money to compete in it because the prize money is pretty good especially for the East Coast.

The ECSC is kind of like the US Open. Huntington doesn't normally combo swell all that often in mid-summer. Va Beach is not the hottest spot on the planet in Late August.

But it's not about the surf. It's about the beach scene.

And I like that it looks like DelMarVa got the best of this pulse if so (Nag's Head?) good to see some different flavors, some tasty crab cakes coming in.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
A low moves off of Africa a week from today that might be our next chance for real waves. That would still be two weeks out from sending us something.
Irrawaddy Delta Butterfly Queef is my new Hurricane name. Also new band name. Look out for our forthcoming hit single, In a Flatta, Fappa To Giada.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
People spend money to compete in it because the prize money is pretty good especially for the East Coast.

The ECSC is kind of like the US Open. Huntington doesn't normally combo swell all that often in mid-summer. Va Beach is not the hottest spot on the planet in Late August.

But it's not about the surf. It's about the beach scene.

And I like that it looks like DelMarVa got the best of this pulse if so (Nag's Head?) good to see some different flavors, some tasty crab cakes coming in.
Contrast it with the Belmar Pro and Outer Banks Pro that seem to get waves every year.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
To the traditions thread I guess, I'm glad when there is no contests around ****** the second week of September when you can Never score anyway. Fishing crowds are even worse sometimes though.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Supposedly surf all week, of course winds look like sh!t though. Be good at least to see some energy in the ocean.

Reactions: potato-nator

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I'll believe it when I see it. Today was supposed to be the "biggest" day of the weekend around here according to the forecasts at the end of last week. LOL. We've been about to get actual "surf" (by Florida not-in-summer standards where rideable is surf and workable is pumping) in a week or ten days for about a month now.

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
onshore....and then....onshore...and then onshore.....and......and....and.....onshore..

one forecast has it going offshore WED. a.m....:cheers:

Reactions: GromsDad

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
a flat Labor Day Weekend??

sad but true.:violin:
actually, a few decent waves to be had here in the SE this weekend. yesterday the wind went dead in mid-afternoon and there was pretty fun waist-high glass for a couple hours. there's swell in the water today but the wind is not cooperating. there's energy in the water - you can feel the ocean waking up after a flat summer :waving:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah I guess I saw trace little lines whilst riding the boardwalk This morning. But they were tiiiiiiny if that is indeed what I was seeing

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Danielle, just like the Danielle I knew at the bank who was super hot and my first work related fook, was a lot of hype.

Always the hot ones who lay there like a dead fish, thinking looking hot is more than enough, you do all the work... earn me!

Just like this first hurricane of the season, she looked hot at first, she came late, and she was way more hype than she was worth.

:unsure::shameonyou::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::monkey:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I’m calling worst summer for surf in living memory on Long Island

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
Danielle, just like the Danielle I knew at the bank who was super hot and my first work related fook, was a lot of hype.

Always the hot ones who lay there like a dead fish, thinking looking hot is more than enough, you do all the work... earn me!

Just like this first hurricane of the season, she looked hot at first, she came late, and she was way more hype than she was worth.
Danielle was a non-starter for the SE US - i think we are starting to get a faint pulse from Earl, which should grow a little stronger over the next few days. hopes are high, we've had good luck with storms named Earl :cheers:
that orange thing behind it already looks like it's tracking too far north. i really gotta stop looking at this stuff. :socrazy:

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit