East Coast Crew

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
August has been kinda quiet although two rideable pulses is not bad for the dog days. In terms of max face height it has been below average for sure, but June/July were so consistently rideable-workable at B-grade (not zoo-clear criticality like the Pier) spots that this will go down as one of the better Summers.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Hoping the economy crashes so I can get some time in the water...stoked somebody got a few

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I have a feeling Sunday (Sunday-Tuesday?)might overperform as they say.
Here's hoping. It's a good time of year for bonus waves from thin air.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mundus

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
windy, lumpy & drifty lefts Tuesday and Wednesday, lots of walking. Fun to ride something other than a longboard

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
rest of the month for the SEView attachment 136287
Thank heavens the upwelling mellowed the water temps and we got a NE to sprinkle some fish in the surf. Because with no surf and the Yankees laying egg after egg I was starting too get way to into who is going to make who gives a fuck's 53-man roster after the last preseason cut.

Every couple days the GFS looks like it wants to tell us it's gonna spool somebody up and send them spinning across the basin, and a couple hours later, poof, no Cape Verde Soup for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: GromsDad and mundus

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
last two days excepted.....cold water, no surf, no rain and my lawn
is frazzled....cruel summer. :cry:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Thank heavens the upwelling mellowed the water temps and we got a NE to sprinkle some fish in the surf. Because with no surf and the Yankees laying egg after egg I was starting too get way to into who is going to make who gives a fook's 53-man roster after the last preseason cut.

Every couple days the GFS looks like it wants to tell us it's gonna spool somebody up and send them spinning across the basin, and a couple hours later, poof, no Cape Verde Soup for you.
Look on the bright side, mullet run starting soon.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
ECSC kicking off here tomorrow. Sponnos flying in from all over - gonna be like watching paint dry.

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Interesting La Nina. EPAC very active. 10 total storms. 7 hurricanes by 8 AUG. East Coast is slow. I read the gulf is warmer than normal but not much happening.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Interesting La Nina. EPAC very active. 10 total storms. 7 hurricanes by 8 AUG. East Coast is slow. I read the gulf is warmer than normal but not much happening.
Here is AccuWeather's take:

A vast area of dry air and stiff breezes, known as wind shear has persisted much of this summer from the central Caribbean to the central and eastern Atlantic. These conditions have created an environment too hostile for tropical development of the disturbances, known as tropical waves, that routinely move west off the coast of Africa.
At this point I hope it stays quiet for now. The Bermuda high being stronger and persisting where it is means anything that does spool up is probably not going to go through the uprights. Someone between where Hugo hit and where Gilbert hit is gonna get clappo'd (South Carolina to Brownsville/Rio Grande zones).

Florida has had five insurers go under this year. The record is eight, when Andrew hit in 1992. We haven't had jack sh!t so far and we've got five down.

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Here is AccuWeather's take:

At this point I hope it stays quiet for now. The Bermuda high being stronger and persisting where it is means anything that does spool up is probably not going to go through the uprights. Someone between where Hugo hit and where Gilbert hit is gonna get clappo'd (South Carolina to Brownsville/Rio Grande zones).

Florida has had five insurers go under this year. The record is eight, when Andrew hit in 1992. We haven't had jack sh!t so far and we've got five down.
yeah - my home insurer - Southern Fidelity - went belly up. Had to find a new policy stat. They were Florida based but insured us here in SCarolina.
I'd rather not go thru a storm like Hugo again.

1660925361569.png

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
this is probably EC-specific and i have no idea what it all means, but there it is:

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
Those beachies look fun. Wind swell was pretty meager here, too east. It had a few reef peaks going on the mainland with clean offshores. Went over there given the east direction, but was a longboard affair. Was the guy on a 7'6" foamy amongst an armada of classic logs. Fun to go through the motions, paddle around, and snag a few longish reef peelers here and there. Waters pretty warm. Trunked it with a 1.5 mill top. Maybe another micro bump on Monday-Tuesday.