Durham gets the first Russiagate conviction – Ex-Justice Department lawyer Kevin Clinesmith

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
a plea has been entered

I looked to see if there was a judgement of conviction filed for this case and found none

the next court date is in december

there is a defined process to court cases

conviction being the terminus of the process

you did not meet the requirements of the bet...on any level

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
The court date in December is the sentencing hearing.

How can you get a sentencing hearing without a guilty plea or found guilty?

"A sentencing hearing is where an offender is given a sentence by a judge. It may take place right after an offender has pled guilty or been found guilty – or it may be days, weeks or months afterward. Sentencing hearings can be very short (sometimes only a few minutes) or much longer, taking hours or days to finish."

You're trying to avoid the fact that this case is done (guilty plea), and sentencing is the only procedure left to complete.

Tell me how you can be sentenced and not be convicted of a crime?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
there is a single piece of evidence that proves you right:

a judgement of conviction

has a judgement of conviction been entered by the judge?

the point of using specific terms that describe specific states is that it removes ambiguity in the wager.

you have made about a half dozen very ambiguous and specious arguments in this thread in an effort
to avoid the responsibility of the debt when there is one single fact which could instantaneously prove
you right and serve me a heaping plate of crow: proof of conviction

I could be wrong. as I've mentioned, I looked and could not find out whether or not the judge entered
a judgement of conviction when they submitted their plea, but I could not find any evidence of this

where is StuAzhole when you need him....

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
This is why you can never engage in matters of honor with dems
If Death vs. Dishonor was actually adhered to, every Republican would have committed seppuku a long time ago.

Uh, your wife isn't banging Democrats instead of you, is she? :oops:

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
If Death vs. Dishonor was actually adhered to, every Republican would have committed seppuku a long time ago.

Uh, your wife isn't banging Democrats instead of you, is she? :oops:
I doubt it. Women aren’t really attracted to male feminists. It’s probably some meathead with truck nuts on his F150

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I doubt it. Women aren’t really attracted to male feminists. It’s probably some meathead with truck nuts on his F150
Those meatheads don't actually have testicles or a job. Even strippers don't want to touch them.

But maybe their unironic blasting of Rick Astley and A-Ha will resonate.

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
F250 V-10 4x4. And I don't need no plastic balls.

I had a girl stop me once as I was getting out of my truck, and say," you're the first big guy I've ever seen with a big truck"

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
there is a single piece of evidence that proves you right:

a judgement of conviction

has a judgement of conviction been entered by the judge?

the point of using specific terms that describe specific states is that it removes ambiguity in the wager.

you have made about a half dozen very ambiguous and specious arguments in this thread in an effort
to avoid the responsibility of the debt when there is one single fact which could instantaneously prove
you right and serve me a heaping plate of crow: proof of conviction

I could be wrong. as I've mentioned, I looked and could not find out whether or not the judge entered
a judgement of conviction when they submitted their plea, but I could not find any evidence of this

where is StuAzhole when you need him....
"The guilty plea marks the first conviction in the probe of the Russia investigation led by U.S. Attorney for Connecticut John Durham. The hearing was overseen by Judge James Boasberg, who noted that he is also a judge on the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court but said the position would not affect his handling of Clinesmith’s case."

"The sentencing guidelines call for zero to six months in prison, but the punishment is ultimately up to U.S. District Judge James Boasberg, who accepted Clinesmith’s plea. Sentencing was scheduled for Dec. 10. Clinesmith resigned from the FBI before an internal disciplinary process was completed."

There's dozens more of these straight-forward reports that this guilty plea was accepted by the judge, and sentencing is the ONLY protocol left to complete.

Show me ANY criminal case where the press/media specifically makes the claim that a "judgement of conviction" is phrased the way you seem to insist that it be for it to be "official".

You're looking for a way out due to a specific lawyerly phrase that rarely, if ever, is reported.

And I will ask again, how can one get a sentencing date if not already convicted or plead as guilty?

A sentencing hearing ONLY comes about after conviction, not before or if not "adjudicated" as you might claim.

NO ONE is sentenced to jail before being convicted.

Show me where I'm wrong with that simple question.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
you are putting the burden of proof on me

I'm not sure why you keep doing that

you are also attempting to argue from a position of authority which you do not have

I have spoken to multiple attorneys on this and they have all said the exact same thing

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I think the surf dog needs to pay a lawyer to draft a letter and then post it here.

That seems like the reasonable thing to do.
there have got to be lawyers that post here who could settle this

I could be wrong

I don't see proof. I see correlations and bad appeals to authority

am I being an ass? I hope people would tell me if I was being an ass.

Billy and Surfdog don't count as people

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
there have got to be lawyers that post here who could settle this

I could be wrong

I don't see proof. I see correlations and bad appeals to authority

am I being an ass? I hope people would tell me if I was being an ass.

Billy and Surfdog don't count as people
You are giving the surf dog the gift of being able to frame himself as a victim.

He'll never forget this incident.

On his death bed his last words will be "A guilty plea is a conviction! Fvck Afoaf! [Cough cough] Ahhhhh!":devilish:

That is better than $$$$$$$$$

Reactions: sirfun