Durham gets the first Russiagate conviction – Ex-Justice Department lawyer Kevin Clinesmith

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
thank you for making this point...

his plea was formally entered on January 29th, 2020 and sentenced rendered

that is clearly specified in the linked filing

it was also clearly specified in the August 19th appearance that the Decemeber 10th
hearing was scheduled for the purposes of formally entering the plea, conviction, and
rendering of sentence. the documents say as much...I have linked and quoted them
extensively

the only thing that happened in August was the submission of a plea agreement
No, the plea was formally entered on Aug 14. His lawyers accepted it and he was found guilty and convicted the day the judge accepted his self-conviction on Aug 19.

January 29, was sentencing and enforcement of the judgement and earlier conviction. Basically just formalizing his sentence of 1 yr probation and 400 hrs of community service.

NO WHERE in the judgement doc does it mention conviction. That was already determined in the final plea agreement where conviction is mentioned MULTIPLE times, that I quoted and linked to earlier.

We bet on conviction ONLY. If Clinesmith plead NOT GUILTY, it would've gone to trial and THEN he would get a "judgement of conviction" if found guilty after his plea of not guilty. You might of won if he plead not guilty and trial went on after Sept 30.

Once he plead guilty, his lawyers and the judge formally accepted it on Aug 19, 2020, all that was left was sentencing.

That takes weeks, months, sometimes years.

The judgement doc lists his guilty date (conviction) as Aug. 14, 2020.

Bet was solely on conviction. Not judgement or sentencing dates. This judgement doc just formalized his sentence. He was judged guilty long prior, by his own admission and accepted by judge back in August.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
No, the plea was formally entered on Aug 14.
wrong.

the plea agreement was submitted to the court. not the same thing.

I showed you the document on the 19th that references conviction and sentencing on December 10th date

that hearing was delayed until the 29th

I showed you a document on the 29th from the court that directly indicates plea was formally entered and the judgement rendered.

YOU HAVE NOT SHOWN ANY DOCUMENTS THAT SUBSTANTIATE YOUR BASELESS CLAIM

I guess we all know who you are now.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
It's not over 'til it's over.

They're still pouring over 1000's of pages of recently declassified/unredacted docs just last month.
What are they pouring over the pages? Hydroxychloro whatever?

Or are they poring over the pages?

I'm not impressed. We had to hear about Mueller taking forever and not finding anything, and Mueller was done in 21 months, had 10 different potential obstruction of justice cases, and Manafort, who else, Gates and Big Poppadop?

Durham is at 23 months and has jack sh!t. Whoops, I mean he has one word in one email from some rando lawyer.

Reactions: Kento

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
What are they pouring over the pages? Hydroxychloro whatever?

Or are they poring over the pages?

I'm not impressed. We had to hear about Mueller taking forever and not finding anything, and Mueller was done in 21 months, had 10 different potential obstruction of justice cases, and Manafort, who else, Gates and Big Poppadop?

Durham is at 23 months and has jack sh!t. Whoops, I mean he has one word in one email from some rando lawyer.
poring/pouring. Wow. So sorry. :foreheadslap:

Covid put everything into slow mo, unfortunately. Along with hesitations of influences just prior to the election. That was a BS excuse, but many were claiming using any new info as October surprise material.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
wrong.

the plea agreement was submitted to the court. not the same thing.

I showed you the document on the 19th that references conviction and sentencing on December 10th date

that hearing was delayed until the 29th

I showed you a document on the 29th from the court that directly indicates plea was formally entered and the judgement rendered.

YOU HAVE NOT SHOWN ANY DOCUMENTS THAT SUBSTANTIATE YOUR BASELESS CLAIM

I guess we all know who you are now.
I showed the numerous citations of conviction in the judge accepted plea agreement.

No conviction citations WHAT SO EVER in the "judgement" doc.

Wasn't it supposed to be a "judgement of conviction" doc?

That judgement doc is just formal sentencing clerk documentation. That form can be downloaded for free, and filled in by anyone. In fact I did, and noticed it has a lot more pages that could be added for actual guilty by trial convictions.

Last edited:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
poring/pouring. Wow. So sorry. :foreheadslap:

Covid put everything into slow mo, unfortunately. Along with hesitations of influences just prior to the election. That was a BS excuse, but many were claiming using any new info as October surprise material.
Manafort was getting his sh!t raided like two months into the Mueller probe. Durham got started in April 2019. He had 11 months before Covid started.

Lots of :poop: excuses going around!

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
When they say the investigation and any testimony requests are done, then it will be done.

Until then, we wait.

But with the new admin, jobs will be on the line, unfortunately.

May 24, 2020
It's kind of strange how fast people forgot about Russiagate. It was all over the news after Trump won the elections. There was evidence that Russia helped him win. It was always strange to me that a country like Russia could do something like this. People are not aware of how weak Russia actually is. They've shown it with this war in Ukraine. Sadly, they're killing civilians but haven't made any real progress.
This guy should be convicted and put in jail if this is true. It's treason to let other countries interfere with our elections; he deserves it.

https://bsmlaw.com.au/our-services/arabic-speaking-lawyers/

Last edited: