Duffy + Racer - Keel info

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Did you say you liked the Lovelace Piggbacks? I'm looking at the Piggyback quads for a Rusty quad fish.
Not on the fish. Didn’t hold well at all on the fish. In fact, I bought a pair for the fish, used them once and traded them to Manbearpig for a WTC set. Then awhile later rode someone else’s pod with them + trailer and ended up buying another set.

Ive used them on a pod (original) with a trailer and a quad fronts with nubster rears on a couple varying degrees of fun shreds.

I really think they are made for performance twin fins (for people lighter than me) on not really for fish boards.

Reactions: oeste858

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
You all are responsible for this being your information .

End of message -
thanks for sharing.

maybe you don’t understand me as much as you think. I don’t buy surfing stuff based on what is marketed to me. I look at what is marketed (or not marketed) and decide if that would work for me, you know, by looking at it.

Fins I like to try different ones on different boards on different waves. Sometimes it’s not “ideal” but it’s always fun.

you know, fun.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Every time I'm on keels, I'd rather be on a quad lol

Although the ones Duffy shared the lovelace ones look interesting
how much you weigh? Also I think those Lovelace keels are better for boards with narrower tails than you typical fish.

they might work well on the fish beard thingy. Im probably too heavy for them.

bordeaux

OTF status
Aug 23, 2008
Hey G.G., I seem to remember you posting a C.I. Neck Beard re-boxed as a twin at your numbers?
Where were they positioned and what fins would/did you design for that board?

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Hey G.G., I seem to remember you posting a C.I. Neck Beard re-boxed as a twin at your numbers?
Where were they positioned and what fins would/did you design for that board?
We had Chuck at Tru Ames make set , I sized them for that tail width .

Very nice people there at C.I. a company that has the resources to make and do anything .

Placement has been considered incorrect forever so we will leave it at that ;-)

Good morning from frozen Florida -

Reactions: floated