Drowning at Rincon today...

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
That sucks. Wasn't it small today?
I was just done surfing another spot nearby and a couple of emergency vehicles passed me with lights on. Now I know why.

Where I surfed had overhead sets. Saw a good looking wave at Rincon on the drive by.

wind was funky.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
RIP.

One of the most popular, heavily surfed spots in California.

My good friend just passed recently surfing Point Arena.

The bottom line is, you paddle out and you are basically on your own. Nobody is going to babysit you.

You and nature. At the end of the day. Surfing has been so dumbed down since I was a grom. Just how much more oversight can it take?

It's a dangerous sport and there is a limit of personal responsibility every surfer needs to assess before they paddle out. "Can I handle"???

Reactions: gbg

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
RIP to him. I knew him. Big bummer. Super nice guy. I'll honestly always remember his smile and good nature.
Shredding guitar player, Carp and RIncon loc for life. Young 38. RIP and may peace be with your family and loved ones.

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
BTW You tools may as well change the title to this thread to 'MONDOS' since you guys are all in love with that shite hole.

What a stupid topic to talk on when a guy died surfing rincon today. Have some respect.