Drew Brophy - in ICU w/ COVID fighting for his life

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
The same give or take that the closed states did. At risk peopled suffered while the healthy survived. The mitigation efforts of the United States failed to save any lives. It was basically politicians just coming up with sh!t.
And the keep it open policy did nothing to save the economy.

so it turns out it probably didn’t matter what we did, but only only one side can never forget.

Reactions: tacos

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
We pretty much all try to avoid it, and that being the case, if there were no government restrictions people would have reacted on their own and the economy that you cherish so dearly would have been hit hard anyway.

So more deaths and no real advantage for the economy. That’s the smart way to go?
Except for the fact that the most comprehensive assessment of the government reaction to COVID says the exact opposite.

We killed the economy for no benefit in COVID outcomes.

And if the American people, by making their own choices based on REAL information crashes the economy then so be it.

The government response gave us no such choice.

You do realize that the entirety of government/media narratives on COVID were found to be completely wrong?

Try to keep up.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Except for the fact that the most comprehensive assessment of the government reaction to COVID says the exact opposite.
I just looked at some studies and the general conclusion seems to be that lockdowns had a marginal effect on mortality rates at best.

And if the American people, by making their own choices based on REAL information crashes the economy then so be it.

You do realize that the entirety of government/media narratives on COVID were found to be completely wrong?
We got news from news media and the government so things played out the only way they could have played out.

Where is this “REAL information” supposed to have come from?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

We killed the economy for no benefit in COVID outcomes.

The government response gave us no such choice.

Try to keep up.
That’s where you’re wrong. The economy was dead regardless.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Right, so shutdown or no shutdown = same outcome.

Shutdown wasn’t justified. Pretty fucking simple.
You want to favor one over the other but the result wouldn’t have changed. The inaction you prefer wouldn’t have changed the outcome either.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
What precentage of Americans do you think would have done this?
If the government didn’t mandate any lockdowns, etc. then 100% of americans would have made their own choices.
You guys are crazy with the slants and the straw men to support you biases.
My “biases” regarding covid are supported by the data.

This bb should really be renamed to teenage boy fantasy land.
Creepy.

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
You want to favor one over the other but the result wouldn’t have changed. The inaction you prefer wouldn’t have changed the outcome either.
Correct, so the government suspending many of our civil rights wasn’t justified at all.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

If you’re going to force school closures, business closures, church closures, skate park closures, arrest people for paddle boarding, etc. the onus is on you to justify it all.

That justification never materialized and a bunch of us knew it never would from the beginning.

If people decide on their own to close down their lives then so be it. I still see people wearing worthless surgical masks over their mouths (nose exposed) every day around here. Cool. Good for them. They are making the choice to do that. it’s dumb but it’s their choice and I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
If the government didn’t mandate any lockdowns, etc. then 100% of americans would have made their own choices.

My “biases” regarding covid are supported by the data.

Creepy.
Way to deflect.

Your biases have made you intuitively create a fictional reasonable American who intuitively does the right thing in response to a global pandemic.

You do the same thing with guns.

You think like a child.

Reactions: tacos and Woke AF

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Way to deflect.

Your biases have made you intuitively create a fictional reasonable American who intuitively does the right thing in response to a global pandemic.

You do the same thing with guns.

You think like a child.
How is that a deflection?

I said that if people making their own choices crashed the economy then so be it.

You asked what percentage of people would make their own choices. Without any outside forces (government mandates) 100% of us would make our own choices.

I never said what choices people would make or whether or not people would make the right choices (right according to what I think).

All I said was that we would make our decisions and that alone is better than no choice at all.