Drew Brophy - in ICU w/ COVID fighting for his life

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
I don't know about sharks, we get along so far. If there was a vaccine to prevent mosquito from biting me, sign me up.

Reactions: Bob Dobbalina

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
So a bunch of people making a claim about someone they don't even know without providing any evidence = evidence?

:unsure:
Anyone in SC can tell you that Drew and his cray-cray Mrs. were vocally anti-vax. It wasn't/isn't an unusual position in the surf world of San Clemente. That you're not aware of this doesn't make it untrue.

Did he deserve to get ill? Nah. But anyone who actively pushed against the vaccine and then got taken out by the virus deserves a disapproving shake of the head.

Reactions: Norm' and Woke AF

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Anyone in SC can tell you that Drew and his cray-cray Mrs. were vocally anti-vax. It wasn't/isn't an unusual position in the surf world of San Clemente. That you're not aware of this doesn't make it untrue.

Did he deserve to get ill? Nah. But anyone who actively pushed against the vaccine and then got taken out by the virus deserves a disapproving shake of the head.
That is like bragging about how great your marriage is on social media.

Don't get the vaccine if you don't want it.

But don't bluster about about in social media

Because you look like an idiot when you end up in the ICU

And set yourself up for shedenfroued on steroids

The dumb wife was still thanking Jesus on line

Some people are hopeless

JJJJS

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 2, 2017
That is like bragging about how great your marriage is on social media.

Don't get the vaccine if you don't want it.

But don't bluster about about in social media

Because you look like an idiot when you end up in the ICU

And set yourself up for shedenfroued on steroids

The dumb wife was still thanking Jesus on line

Some people are hopeless
Just reading this comment makes me feel drunk

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
shedenfroued

Some people are hopeless
what happened here ? your googlebugman nazi lingo translator vass on der schneid ?

:shrug:

if you were forced to write “i’m sorry, but i am a lowly bugman” in german, on a chalkboard in front of your class, 500 times, do you think some erbbers would take not so secret pleasure in your punishment ?

i wouldn’t be one of them though...

:cool:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Just reading this comment makes me feel drunk
He teaches writing.

While I remain skeptical that Brophy was vaccinated - something I would've done in his situation - hearsay is not proof. Social media posts against the vax are much more solid. Does anyone have those?
what happened here ? your googlebugman nazi lingo translator vass on der schneid ?

if you were forced to write “i’m sorry, but i am a lowly bugman” in german, on a chalkboard in front of your class, 500 times, do you think some erbbers would take not so secret pleasure in your punishment ?

German words can be entertaining. "Insektmann" is the term you're looking for.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

my mac crashed

that is punishmetn enough

For those who want to see me suffer

I like that you guys are clinging tightly to your failed attempts at name calling

"Your still a Bugman! No, let me explain! The global cabal wants you to eat bugs so that mean you want to eat bugs! Get it, Bugman? Haha. Oh, you don't want eat bugs? That don't matter. AHHHH."

At least you are trying to shizzz it up with some wordplay.

I appreacite it

Last edited:

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018
I imagine this thread went on long enough that there isn't anything else that needs to be said, but I randomly came across this of him paddling out again for the first time. Damn, dude didn't die but he's permanently damaged. That social media spread mind virus of antivax-healing-crystal-woo sh!t is fucking evil.
http://instagr.am/p/ChFkzoMppP2/

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I haven't got it and would prefer not to.

Didn't you go surfing the day after the big washout we had a few weeks back? You scared of COVID but hepatitis no problem?

You're going to get it. It's only a matter of time.

More than likely you've already had it.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Didn't you go surfing the day after the big washout we had a few weeks back? You scared of COVID but hepatitis no problem?

You're going to get it. It's only a matter of time.

More than likely you've already had it.
You're mistaking me for someone else. Big washout? Wasn't that in South San Diego? There was a sewage leak at Rat Beach a couple weeks ago but there hasn't been surf there for a few months.