Drew Brophy - in ICU w/ COVID fighting for his life

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
When you get used to not listening when being told what to do and you get lucky, it's easy to make a tragic blunder.

This is the epitome of a tragic blunder.

Posted on instagram for the world to see.

Reactions: Boneroni

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
When you get used to not listening when being told what to do and you get lucky, it's easy to make a tragic blunder.

This is the epitome of a tragic blunder.

Posted on instagram for the world to see.

I have a friend who puts his tragic, personal stuff on IG a fair bit.
Losing family and his continued struggles with it.
Losing pregnancies.
Posts when he feels depressed.
He tends to personalize tragedy that isn't really his. (a friend/acquaintance dies, he does the memorial post without fail).

It's not for me, and I cringe a bit, but at least he's (sorta) putting it out there rather than pretending everything is fine.

The bigger issue is that he is reluctant to get REAL professional assistance. Which I think would help a lot.

It seems like he is content with the attention and informal affirmation he gets from the gram. But cataloguing tragedy tends to distort reality in a tough way (in my narrow, imperfect, opinion, which is entirely unprofessional and full of contradiction ).

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Drew Brophy was recently interviewed for the Surf Splendor podcast.

I'm only 35 minutes in but I'm really impressed.

Drew tells the tale of his experience contracting COVID and his ICU hell.

Wow. I don't think I've ever heard any layman articulate the ICU/COVID experience so well.

No idea if the rest sucks, but I can say the first 35 minutes is definitely worth your time - especially since he is one of few survivors.

Reactions: Ifallalot and PRCD

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

Wow. I don't think I've ever heard any layman articulate the ICU/COVID experience so well.

No idea if the rest sucks, but I can say the first 35 minutes is definitely worth your time - especially since he is one of few survivors.
Hopefully at the end he told everyone he wouldn't change a thing if he could go back.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009

what, he articulates how close he came to winning the Herman Cain Award? hard pass - had enough of those stories to last a lifetime and have no sympathy left for them at all.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
what, he articulates how close he came to winning the Herman Cain Award? hard pass - had enough of those stories to last a lifetime and have no sympathy left for them at all.
Sympathy?

Certainly didn't sound like he was looking for sympathy.

But of course, you didn't listen - you didn't need to listen - you're an expert.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

Did he talk about how he and his wife willfully declined vaccines and had to beg others for money to get by?

surf-shot.com

Nep status
Feb 10, 2008
www.surf-shot.com
Drew Brophy was recently interviewed for the Surf Splendor podcast . . .

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Sympathy?

Certainly didn't sound like he was looking for sympathy.

But of course, you didn't listen - you didn't need to listen - you're an expert.
I'm glad he's not looking for sympathy, I believe we're back-ordered on that right, at this moment. But this is what I know: covid ultimately became an IQ test that a lot of people failed miserably. And then asked others to pay for their mistakes, one way or another. It's just sad - hardly noteworthy, but sad just the same.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I'm glad he's not looking for sympathy, I believe we're back-ordered on that right, at this moment. But this is what I know: covid ultimately became an IQ test that a lot of people failed miserably. And then asked others to pay for their mistakes, one way or another. It's just sad - hardly noteworthy, but sad just the same.
Agreed. . . . I have no desire to devote even 5 minutes to listening to a sob story that could've easily been prevented. Had he been one of the unlucky to be infected in 2020, that would be another story . . . But he wasn't.

Reactions: bruhdakine

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
His story, told in his own words, sounds pretty scary.

I think there's some value in it.

The likely poor decisionmaking in largely irrelevant; I can assure you firsthand - his experience is the exact same as most in the ICU that were vaccinated.

I also think it's pretty funny you sound angry about this.:monkey:

Do you also share the same anger for smokers, alcoholics, drug addicts, fat people, and babymakers?

Get off your high horse.:toilet:

Agreed. . . . I have no desire to devote even 5 minutes to listening to a sob story that could've easily been prevented. Had he been one of the unlucky to be infected in 2020, that would be another story . . . But he wasn't.
I don't know if he was or wasn't- apparently you do - but I definitely saw plenty that were.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot