Drew Brophy - in ICU w/ COVID fighting for his life

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
That may very well be on the low end. But he’s insured, and the mixed up way health insurance and hospital bills are so inflated Is because both parties know they will end up haggling over the actual final amount the health insurance company will pay the hospital, and you can bet your ass it will be a small fraction of the actual “sticker price”

that’s why the hospitals pad their bills so high in the first place because they know every insured persons bill will be negotiated heavily by Aetna our United or whoever, leaving the poor schmucks to try and haggle these massive bills if they DON’T have insurance.

Reactions: i_ride_spinnaz

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Sooooo $25K + 60x $19K about $1.3M, based on anecdotal evidence 5 years ago and he's still in ICU.
Like I posted before , I think his Billionaire girlfriend is helping , hopefully he does have insurance , we all know medical care has adjusted rates for insurance

He has such a huge friend network , that should of helped with the strain of maintaining his marketability . He trained really hard .

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
Like I posted before , I think his Billionaire girlfriend is helping , hopefully he does have insurance , we all know medical care has adjusted rates for insurance

He has such a huge friend network , that should of helped with the strain of maintaining his marketability . He trained really hard .
Brophey's wife is not a billionaire, not millionaire either, and never worked for Google

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Mom's friend was in Santa Rosa Kaiser ICU for a heart attack. Bill was about $25,000 for first day, then $19,000 for each of the three days after. This was 5 yrs ago.
I was at Glendale Memorial ICU for 5 days and that came out to around $79k. That was 18yrs ago.

• Wow
Reactions: potato-nator

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
You were in the ICU for 5 days from Covid? :oops:
No no 18yrs ago. Spasm of my coronary artery. All I got from Corona is an annoying lingering cough that’s lasted for weeks. The last two days I finally feel like I turned a corner. Today I feel almost normal as long as I don’t laugh too hard.

• Haha
Reactions: racer1

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Drew left the ICU yesterday accordingto his wifes IG post. Transfer to long term care facility where he will learn to talk and walk again. Was in a coma four weeks. Still on a vent. Has a long way to recover. The doctors and nurses call his survival a miracle. Yikes.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit