Drew Brophy - in ICU w/ COVID fighting for his life

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I don’t think the vaccine is about preventing people from contracting covid, a better message would have been that it lowers risk of complications and hospitalization.

Media blew it
Another problem with this is that when this became a thing, it was "it isn't dangerous to you specifically, it is less dangerous than a typical flu, but it spreads too quickly for even that smaller risk to you personally to be ok, because there are so many people and so few hospital beds"
Now saying "this won't stop it from spreading, but will reduce your personal risk" sounds like attacking the problem from the wrong end.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Nice
you are right everyone else is wrong have a good day :cheers:
I was a sheep to get the vaccine so dumb!

got any new spots to out today ?
Find the part, anywhere, on any post, at any time, where I said someone shouldn't get the vaccine :shrug:
I'm against shitty reasoning, and fascinated by people making decisions for reasons that they don't understand while being convinced that they did the thing for a different reason.

I did surf a great spot though. Don't want to ruffle any feathers, but it rhymes with "Dan Simeon point". It was forty foot and barreling, but still super easy to get in and out. And they put an In and Out in the lineup!

Reactions: santacruzin

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Find the part, anywhere, on any post, at any time, where I said someone shouldn't get the vaccine :shrug:
I'm against shitty reasoning, and fascinated by people making decisions for reasons that they don't understand while being convinced that they did the thing for a different reason.

I did surf a great spot though. Don't want to ruffle any feathers, but it rhymes with "Dan Simeon point". It was forty foot and barreling, but still super easy to get in and out. And they put an In and Out in the lineup!
i guess I don’t understand why the fuck point you are trying to make here?

i talked to my doctor and decided to get vacced? Should I have listened to the erbb instead? I normally get all my medical advice from my doctor.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
i guess I don’t understand why the fook point you are trying to make here?
That a lot of us are deciding to get vaccinated because we want to do the thing that looks or sounds right to other people, or because we've been bribed into it(me). That if a healthy, regular person decides not to get vaccinated, they're missing out on reducing an already tiny risk to a non zero number, which is not an earth shattering change.
I think we should acknowledge that it probably doesn't matter if everyone gets vaccinated, at this point. Like stop digging through the corners, trying to jab children and every last 20something year old.
Personal choice can be your personal choice, made in favor of whatever is best for you, and that isn't stupid or evil, it is all any of us do, and those that pretend otherwise are full of shlt.

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Personal choice can be your personal choice, made in favor of whatever is best for you, and that isn't stupid or evil, it is all any of us do, and those that pretend otherwise are full of shlt.
Especially inclusive of when the sole priopreitor/shareholder(s) personal choice is that the operating expenses get vaccinated. The operating expenses are free to choose to work somewhere else, the personal choice by the sole proprietor/shareholders being whatever is best for earnings per share, and that isn't stupid or evil, it is all any of us do, and those that pretend otherwise are full of sh!t.

Reactions: rice

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Especially inclusive of when the sole priopreitor/shareholder(s) personal choice is that the operating expenses get vaccinated. The operating expenses are free to choose to work somewhere else, the personal choice by the sole proprietor/shareholders being whatever is best for earnings per share, and that isn't stupid or evil, it is all any of us do, and those that pretend otherwise are full of sh!t.
Nah, corporations aren't people

Norm'

Duke status
Jan 31, 2003
Lovetron
Another problem with this is that when this became a thing, it was "it isn't dangerous to you specifically, it is less dangerous than a typical flu, but it spreads too quickly for even that smaller risk to you personally to be ok, because there are so many people and so few hospital beds"
Now saying "this won't stop it from spreading, but will reduce your personal risk" sounds like attacking the problem from the wrong end.
Those are all lies.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I don’t care what people do , just Don’t take an ICU bed if you are one of the unlucky unvaccinated Who gets really sick.

take the risk pay the price.
Expensive as health insurance is in this country...I should have a hospital bed on retainer.

Another thing we shouldn't let happen is our health care system getting off the hook here. If you didn't come out of this thinking "this is inadequate and must be changed, asap" then they tricked you into taking all the responsibility while they just focus on their money.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Those are all lies.
Da fuk...no, that is accurate. First it was a problem because it spread too quickly and hospitals could fill, now it's a problem because if you get it you could be oh so sick.
It changed because the tv needed something to stay scary.

• Haha

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
You've been sick for over two weeks, with symptoms
I've been over it for a full week. You're stuck in the past. The week and a half I didn't post was when I was sick
From a vaccinated co-worker which you always conveniently leave out........who also got pretty damned sick along with her vaxxed spouce.
My symptoms were nothing I couldn't handle and far less severe by miles than 7-day flu bugs that went through our house in the past.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Expensive as health insurance is in this country...I should have a hospital bed on retainer.

Another thing we shouldn't let happen is our health care system getting off the hook here. If you didn't come out of this thinking "this is inadequate and must be changed, asap" then they tricked you into taking all the responsibility while they just focus on their money.
doesn’t matter no one will need a bed because there is no risk right!

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
doesn’t matter no one will need a bed because there is no risk right!
Why do you insist on refusing to acknowledge that there exists a space between "no risk" and "a major risk" and that is " a small enough risk that there are multiple reasonable ways to play it, varying person to person"?

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Why do you insist on refusing to acknowledge that there exists a space between "no risk" and "a major risk" and that is " a small enough risk that there are multiple reasonable ways to play it, varying person to person"?
because I am bored and its fun seeing how many of my posts you can reply to and try and make some point

:monkey::nana:

Reactions: stringcheese

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
BTW you all need to hear this from a friend, because it's real. Gromsdad is being the reasonable one here. Think about that.
Yes, because two days of feeling sluggish on my schedule is a shitty tradeoff to a week of feeling shitty on Covid's schedule. I heard it from a friend over Christmas. He was wearing an InfoWars tee shirt and everyone else was laughing at him.

GromsDad spent however many years here banging on about HOW DUZ THIS FECT YOO PURSE ANALLY.

You know how vaccine mandates effect vaccinated people? Not a goddamn thing. Sorry we listened to GromsDad's paradigm and based our reasoning on it like you asked.