Dr. Seuss dominating Amazon.com Bestseller list?

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
America has an obsession with race. You would think that things would have to be either better, or worse, for minority group members, in America, given the focus on race that pervades every aspect of life here today (if your reality is defined as most Americans is, by the television and internet news). Probably not though. Like Corona virus, our media outlets will. Not. Let. It. Go.

"Coming up at 8, a new strain of covid is one hundred times more deadly, and coming for your children! After that, we discuss why anyone who has ever been photographed wearing orange is furthering the racist agenda and must be put in jail"

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The problem is teenagers love youth group and they love Marx too.
Next thing you'll say they love that anti-capitalist pinko The Lorax too.

And speaking of which, I wonder how many of the right-wing crybabies are buying and revering that story. :unsure:

I spoke too soon:

Last edited:
Reactions: Driftcoast

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Vilifying or mocking the Other doesn't seem like a big deal when the Other isn't around.

Now the Other is around so you have to make adjustments.

Everyone is over reacting.

"Black people [and all the other non whites] have feelings too."

I still don't get why my movement didn't catch on.

Reactions: kidfury

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Duck the world. I had a Fiberflex when the other kids couldn't even read Dr Seuss. I wish I'd kept it. This cancelling stuff doesn't end well.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Vilifying or mocking the Other doesn't seem like a big deal when the Other isn't around.

Now the Other is around so you have to make adjustments.

Everyone is over reacting.
What would you suggest?

Aren't you actually talking about something different?

Considering there was nothing unflattering, false, or misrepresentative of a typical Chinese person of that era. (OK, actually 30 million people died of starvation in China around that time - so maybe misrepresents a bit - but clearly some Chinese were indeed eating at that time, as evidence by the photos below)

Last edited: