Dr. Seuss dominating Amazon.com Bestseller list?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
What if we cancelled the word cancel? Someone get me Merriam-Webster on the phone.
Isn't cancelled just being fired due to customer complaints?

That is as old as time.

IF I have enough students complain, I'm gone.

Fortunately, I'm beloved. For the most part.

There is always a couple of assholes and they can go fuck themselves.

Reactions: rice

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
why they reading dr seuss to kids anyways, teach them some math for fucks sake no wonder we arent sh!t anymore

Reactions: Subway

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
People are buying the pulled books as fast as possible and selling them on eBay for $100s. Thus, the spike in book sales.

View attachment 105924
This part hurts.

I had a boxed set of Dr. Seuss books from when I was a kid and passed them down to my kids. But glue had pulled off spine and the pages were hanging by threads. Tossed them in trash when I moved a few months ago.

Ouch.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
This part hurts.

I had a boxed set of Dr. Seuss books from when I was a kid and passed them down to my kids. But glue had pulled off spine and the pages were hanging by threads. Tossed them in trash when I moved a few months ago.

Ouch.
Yes, but you have to live life, especially as a kid. I had a ton of GI-JOE action figures (small ones, not the tall ones) which as a collection would go for a pretty penny now. Same with original Star Wars toys, M.A.S.K., Transformers, etc. But what kid wants to sit there and look at all these toys sitting on the bookshelf in their original packaging, untouched like some kind of art?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Yes, but you have to live life, especially as a kid. I had a ton of GI-JOE action figures (small ones, not the tall ones) which as a collection would go for a pretty penny now. Same with original Star Wars toys, M.A.S.K., Transformers, etc. But what kid wants to sit there and look at all these toys sitting on the bookshelf in their original packaging, untouched like some kind of art?
1614790413777.png

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
No, he literally pulled Rage from the shelves (still available in Bachman Books collection) because of social consciousness towards school shootings.
In the case of Rage school shooters said they read Rage and said Rage inspired them. (Doesn't matter, he's still cancelled due to his racist/misogynist/misogynoiristic views).

In the case of Seuss's Mulberry Street, kids in the Western world were suddenly inspired to eat only with chopsticks, thus irritating the fvck out of their parents who were still trying to get them to stop playing with their food...

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
In the case of Rage school shooters said they read Rage and said Rage inspired them. (Doesn't matter, he's still cancelled due to his racist/misogynist/misogynoiristic views).

In the case of Seuss's Mulberry Street, kids in the Western world were suddenly inspired to eat only with chopsticks, thus irritating the fvvk out of their parents who were still trying to get them to stop playing with their food...
I think it was only the Crossroads shooter who claimed Rage and he only pulled that book when the rash of school shootings changed his view of that book. As far as racist views, well, he does pull the Magic Negro card a bit too often. And latest adaptations of his work are... bad.

I'm shocked my 4th grade teacher didn't petition to have Journey to the Center of the Earth pulled when it inspired me to write all of my homework in runic form. :beer:

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location

In the case of Seuss's Mulberry Street, kids in the Western world were suddenly inspired to eat only with chopsticks, thus irritating the fvvk out of their parents who were still trying to get them to stop playing with their food...
Stephen King isn't cancelled at all. Stephen King is beloved.

You can find people from the far left and the far right saying all sorts of ridiculous things on Twitter, stop listening to them, they don't represent most liberals or most conservatives.