Dr. Seuss books: Amazon current top selling books - almost all of the top 100 books are from Dr. Seuss.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Edgar Rice Burrogh's "Tarzan of the Apes" expresses the concept that the English race is supreme. Whatever. Entertaining reading, exciting story. Not sure what a fifteen year od black kid would think about the depiction of black Africans as cannibals. I presume it would be more evidence for him or her of what they're up against in our racist society.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
Edgar Rice Burrogh's "Tarzan of the Apes" expresses the concept that the English race is supreme. Whatever. Entertaining reading, exciting story. Not sure what a fifteen year od black kid would think about the depiction of black Africans as cannibals. I presume it would be more evidence for him or her of what they're up against in our racist society.
Or, he or she might look into the history of African-African cannibalism and think, gee, maybe the Motherland ain't all it's cracked up to be!

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I don't get how this is be framed as "being cancelled."

Wouldn't a legitimate example of someone being unfairly cancelled be better for appeals to victimhood?

Or that don't matter now?

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
Maybe all books should have a backup racist edition printed so that when sales of the original begin to slow you can then put out the racist version - this version will be highly publicized due to the explicit content leading to a 'protest' boost in sales once promptly cancelled.

Should work for movies too.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
The Republicans only platform is to siphon more and more money to the rich. Anything else they promote is an attempt to distract from that.
The crazy part is how many non-rich suckers support this. It’s like Stockholm syndrome on the grandest of scales.

Reactions: mundus