Don't worry...everything is under control.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
So you're one of those guys that shows up at a friends for dinner, is served something beautiful and delicious, and before you even take a bite asks for hot sauce?

It's like old people asking for salt before they've taken a bite.
i most certainly am, unless that friend is Michelin starred chef - im asking for hot sauce AND salt - before i even take one bite.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: grapedrink and rice

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

Do you even taste, bro?
Fair- but I shouldn't have to ask for it either. And if I do, it better be a quick grab so I don't have to wait for it while my food gets cold.

The removal salt from tables is the most regressive dining trend of the last decade. Especially because the first places to start doing this were the most notorious for under salting.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Anyone who doesn't like mayo is lying.

They slurp down every aioli they're served.

And whether the mustard and mayo are blended into an aioli prior to being put on the burger or whether that blend happens in your mouth it doesn't matter.

Also, ketchup is good on fries.
mayo only if incorporated into a sauce like aoli or in a tuna fish sandwhich. otherwise, gag.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Mayo is also great for toasting bread on the stove top. Spread a thin layer on the outside and fry til golden brown. You don't taste it this way. Easy way to make a grilled cheese, which should always have thinly sliced onion on 'em.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

Do you even taste, bro?
My girl friend yells at me when I do this.

I say, "You like less salt than I, babe. So suck it!"

Then she says "What do you just say?"

And I say "Nothing.":rolleyes:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Mayo is also great for toasting bread on the stove top. Spread a thin layer on the outside and fry til golden brown. You don't taste it this way. Easy way to make a grilled cheese, which should always have thinly sliced onion on 'em.
Yep. The oil and egg combo works caramelization wonders :beer:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
This is the only way I consume mayo