Don't end up in a nursing home.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Remember when Cuomo was the darling of the erBB leftists?

Gov. Andrew Cuomo's office hid New York's COVID-19 nursing home death toll for at least 5 months, report says

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's office hid the number of deaths in nursing homes during the coronavirus pandemic for at least five months, The New York Times reported on Wednesday.

Cuomo's senior advisors repeatedly prevented state health officials from releasing the actual death toll to the public, according to interviews and new documents reviewed by the NYT. Documents that included the data didn't go public until months later, the Times reported.

Wednesday's new details come as Cuomo faces an investigation into whether his administration gave false data on nursing home deaths last spring as COVID-19 raged across New York. The probe relates to a March 25 executive order - which the Cuomo administration has long insisted was simply the result of them following federal guidance - that mandated nursing home patients who were hospitalized with the coronavirus to be discharged back to nursing homes, as long as the providers could take adequate care of them.

Hospital capacity was a primary concern at the time, but the order left nursing home staff in a bind, particularly with the potential for the recently hospitalized residents to spread the virus if they were still within the window of contagiousness.

In late January, New York Attorney General Tish James accused the Cuomo administration of undercounting nursing home deaths by omitting those who died in a hospital, resulting in nursing home-related fatalities being undercounted by the thousands. Then came leaked comments from Cuomo's top aide, Melissa DeRosa, who told lawmakers that the administration was sitting on the more accurate tally to avoid political issues with then-President Donald Trump's administration.

The governor is also embroiled in a series of other controversies, including sexual-assault allegations launched against him, and new reports that claim he gave his family special access to COVID-19 testing early in the pandemic.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
how many nursing homes are state-run and how many are privately run?
still haven’t answered my questions.

-how many nursing homes are state-run and how many are privately run?

-how many deaths took place in state-run facilities?

-how many deaths are you directly attributing to Murphy?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
The nursing profession is not just that of caring for a sick patient, it is much more than that, it is something complex. In this case, the nurse often takes care of a patient physically, psychologically and emotionally. It's nice to be a nurse for the simple fact that you know that you can bring hope to a person's life by helping. I have had many situations, but I was always ready and was able to cope well, this is also due to the courses I did before becoming a nurse. Which those who are interested in find more information about this field can find here, I was really satisfied.
my great aunt (my grandmother’s sister) was a nurse and a literal saint. She had 10 kids, had to finish raising them when her husband died, took care of her sister when she was sick and on her way out, took people in when they needed a place to stay. Funny thing is, I never saw her have a bad day, get down on life, or say anything mean about anyone else. Some people are just blessed with being kind souls

Dec 16, 2020
I hope the situation has improved now. It's sad that people are dying because of this stupid virus, especially in nursing homes, where their families sent them to heal. I hope that, at least, most of the old and sick people are sitting at home, some home care agencies, like assistinghands, are taking care of them, and they are healthy and alive.
I'm tired of this virus. So many people died. When will it end?
Plus, why involve politics in this? The situation in the world is real and not very good.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Biden administration providing cover for democrat governors.

1. NJ is being investigated already

2. Does this mean there will be DOJ whistleblowers?

3. does this mean that you DO think that the DOJ is used as a political tool?