Don't end up in a nursing home.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
If the state governments and governors are at fault (which they might be), should be held accountable. In addition, the nursing home operators should be held accountable, as they ultimately carried out the admissions of patients.

the cdc guidelines were often vague and confusing since events were unfolding so quickly

nursing homes often had no choice bit to admit patients, but they had been plagued with problems for decades prior to covid.

Remember that nursing homes lacked PPE at the time, and the feds never enacted the DPA to get more PPE to the facilities that needed it. (Side note……i cleaned out my classroom and other classrooms in my dept so we could give nitrile gloves to our local first aid and firefighters, so that goes to show how bad the shortage was).

Craig, I’m guessing you’ve never been in charge of managing public health and i’d like to know what you would’ve done differently and how you would’ve done better.

In addition, you seem to distrust the cdc and public health guidelines (according to many of your posts), so why should state governments have followed the advice of the cdc back in March & April of 2020?