***The Official Dog Thread***

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
This dog has clearly been eating cheap shelter kibble. Massive poops several times a day and lots of drinking and peeing. The BARF Pattie’s ought to sort that right out.

it has been so long since I’ve had a kibble fed dog I forgot what a difference it makes

the corgi is still unable or unwilling to go up the stairs. I’m pretty sure she can do it, logistically speaking. She may never have encountered stairs they seem to confuse her

we know she came from an Amish puppy mill. Apparently the amish are not very well thought of in the dog rescue world. The director (a sweet good looking lesbian with a weird humor like my own) said the Amish “farmers” treat the dogs worse than the cows and pigs. Notorious in the rescue world, like the chihuahua mills in the south west. Her demeanor could not be sweeter but you can tell her first 2 years of life were not on green acres

• Wow
Reactions: Aquaman2

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
I had a near-death experience yesterday with a strange dog. I went to my mailbox and saw a huge dog, bigger than a German Shepherd, run into my cul-de-sac. It looked like a pit bull mix. I went inside to peek out the window. Didn't see anything, so curiosity sent me out to investigate. I walked around, but didn't see the big dog. Then it charged at me, snarling in fury, like he wanted to rip the flesh off my bones. I started yelling loudly "HEY" over and over, backing away, trying to get the attention of anyone indoors and to scare the dog away. I practiced Tae Kwon Do in my early 20s and I always thought I could disable a big mad dog by kicking it in the face, in the nose. Not too hard, not to kill it, just to get his attention with my heal. Thankfully I didn't need to do that. He quit pursuit and I went inside my house. I thought of calling the city, because that dog was clearly a hazard. After 15min I looked out the window and saw my neighbor. I went outside and he said he heard me and saw what happened. The dog belonged to, not him, but the next neighbor over, and got out of the yard. I suppose the owner came out and put their monster-dog back in their backyard.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
She’s doing great. The **** marking has already stopped so I’m cautiously optimistic she now knows our home is not in fact just another open floor plan shelter play area.

still no luck with the stairs :foreheadslap: :roflmao:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
If they truly want to be as hip and laid back as they claim, dogs better be welcome, just away from the pool and restaurant

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
My Lab keeps sneaking downstairs to sleep on the couch which he knows he's not supposed to be doing. Thinking of getting an eCollar to zap him, but we had one of those electronic fences and he figured out he wouldn't get zapped when his collar wasn't on.

Advice needed.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
My Lab keeps sneaking downstairs to sleep on the couch which he knows he's not supposed to be doing. Thinking of getting an eCollar to zap him, but we had one of those electronic fences and he figured out he wouldn't get zapped when his collar wasn't on.

Advice needed.
Positive reinforcement/behavior substitution bro. Id get a clicker to use along with the treats and then click/signal/reward the dog for getting off the couch, etc

Reactions: Ifallalot