***The Official Dog Thread***

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Sure, your wife leaves for a few and you make out with the room mate. :monkey:
Funny thing is my wife and I started out as roommates, in a rented house in the “country.”

I behaved myself; hell she paid her rent and bills on time which is hard to find in a Roomate. I wasn’t going to screw that up with some drunk clumsy pass at my smoke show new roomate. I was newly single and doing ok. Didn’t have any money but I wasn’t a total fat drunk yet either. Very much a drunk, just not fat and drunk yet

She blinked first after a couple of months. That was 2007 :eek::dancing:

Reactions: SrPato

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Funny thing is my wife and I started out as roommates, in a rented house in the “country.”

I behaved myself; hell she paid her rent and bills on time which is hard to find in a Roomate. I wasn’t going to screw that up with some drunk clumsy pass at my smoke show new roomate. I was newly single and doing ok. Didn’t have any money but I wasn’t a total fat drunk yet either. Very much a drunk, just not fat and drunk yet

Mods, can you move this post to the foil forum?

Last edited:

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit

I thought this was a dog thread?

:poke::shrug:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I thought this was a dog thread?

:poke::shrug:
She moved in with an awesome ridge back named Duke. He was awesome

tiny little hottie shows up for the roomate “interview”’looking all hot and she’s got a kick ass dog. A breed for which my father had great respect after watching them go after wounded leopards in Africa whilst on safari.

There. Back to dogs. Complete with dad anecdote and cool story about ridgebacks killing leopards. - re rail achieved

• Haha
Reactions: $kully and SrPato

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
This morning Pickle got attacked by a very large French Bulldog. I actually thought it was an English bulldog at first. I was walking with a friend and a little chihuahua mix that we found and have been trying to find it’s home when we walked by a gate in someone’s sideyard. They opened the gate right as we passed and this dog charged out like a bat out of hell and went for pickles throat. This all happened in a matter of seconds, the dog put pickle on his back in the parking strip and was on top of pickle so I probably foolishly put my hand in between his mouth and pickle and was able to break his grip somehow without getting bit. Pickle kinda squirmed away and he kept going after him. So I grabbed him by his back ankle and literally picked him up off the ground and held him there by his ankles where he couldn’t do anything. The person who lived there grabbed him and took him back into the yard. She was very apologetic and friendly but I was steaming mad. He ended up being fine. Shaken and a little dirty from getting trampled in a black mulch parking strip. Lady who was watching the frenchie was very apologetic and I may have not been as nice to her. May go over and knock on her door to apologize later today.

This is the chihuahua mix that we took in along with our friends down the street. He’s been an exceptional house guest. Him and pickle hit it off, endless gay sex with reciprocation. But other than that this dog has been well-mannered, has had zero accidents in the house, was happy to have a warm safe place to eat, and the good news is his owner tracked us down and I‘m about to take him home. This is the happy ending I was hoping for. Though I think my friends down the street were secretly hoping to keep him…

47A9E757-BF9E-4268-BDCD-25AC0566B2C1.jpeg

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
We have:
A 90-lb boxer mix, 9 yrs and a 22 lb poodle mix, 5 yrs.

The groms want a trail dog that fetches/swims. Gsp, weimaraner-type.

Pros:
-wife and I are both home and we have time to deal w a new pup;
-found relatively cheap gsp/weimy mix litter, all black, which is what we like.

Cons:
-we have 2 dogs already;
-the older dog is going to get beat up by the pup when she should be able to relax in her final years;
-dog is in south dakota, so we would have to fly out there (flights are stupidly cheap though);
-groms will be out of the house in college in 5-6 years.

We have 1/5 acre of land w a hill that groms are currently building a trail on.

Said pup:

Should or should not?

I'm never one to talk someone out of getting a dog, but my thin slice:

Pros:
-dogs rule
-I think a young dog is often good for an older dog (barring any major health problems)
-the pup and the poodle mix will get on famously, poodles need brain activity in addition to physical
-trip to SD could be fun
-did i mention dogs are fun?

Cons:
-Pups are work but you've got other dogs so that's half the battle already
-$$......sh!t is spensive
-GSP and Weimeraners are a lot of dog. A lot. I'd imagine a mix of the two will also be a high-energy dog. The pup will terrorize you for at least 2 years. Probably more like 4.

I wish you the best of luck, and hopefully you plan on a structured training regimen. The german breeds need it.

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
I'm never one to talk someone out of getting a dog, but my thin slice:

Pros:
-dogs rule
-I think a young dog is often good for an older dog (barring any major health problems)
-the pup and the poodle mix will get on famously, poodles need brain activity in addition to physical
-trip to SD could be fun
-did i mention dogs are fun?

Cons:
-Pups are work but you've got other dogs so that's half the battle already
-$$......sh!t is spensive
-GSP and Weimeraners are a lot of dog. A lot. I'd imagine a mix of the two will also be a high-energy dog. The pup will terrorize you for at least 2 years. Probably more like 4.

I wish you the best of luck, and hopefully you plan on a structured training regimen. The german breeds need it.
Thanks, she's 2 and we have another pup now.

Attachments

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
About 3 weeks ago, Kona (8 ½ years old) the labradoodle got all excited and started running in circles around the neighbor. She let out a yelp and her right rear foot was lifted off the pavement. She had this look, What the fark? and couldn’t put any pressure on her right rear leg. Vet visits. Today, picked her up from the surgery clinic. Torn meniscus and another ligament. Will take about 4 weeks to recuperate from the surgery. It will take me about 4 months (years?) to recover from the expense. Got our girl back today. Going to be OK with time, keep her calm and follow Vet’s care instructions. Unexpected but the vet said these are “common injuries” among, older dogs. Damn

IMG_7619.jpeg

Last edited:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
THATS “good dog!” good That we can all aspire to. Charge that ravine, get whacked, and come up wagging and smiling and ready for another hunt. We are all going to get injured and old and die. I sure hope alll of it is nuts, and not boring

although if we ARE making a wish list, a nice sunset on a porch in the tropics and a handy bottle of heroin at my side for the last few hours sounds ok. At like, 102, after 101 active years. :jamon:

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house

“A 70-year-old British grandmother was mauled to death by her family’s dog as she sunbathed in her backyard Friday — making her at least the fifth person to die from dog attacks in the UK this year.

The woman, who has not been identified, died after the canine pounced on her outside her home in Bedworth, Warwickshire.”

1. the smell of some 70 year old pussy drove it nuts.
2. sun bathing is an extremely unhealthy practice.
3. never feed grandma out of the dog’s bowl (even if she loves the usual brand of kibble…)

• Sad
Reactions: ghostshaper

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
5 months ago when we got the lymphoma diagnosis and were unsure of how things were gonna go, one of the things we discussed was getting him back east to the beach in Rhode Island to put him down in a place he loves.

Well 5months, 11chemo treatments and a ridiculous amount of money later he’s in clinical remission and enjoying himself on the very beach we discussed taking him back to say goodbye.

I’d be lying if watching him here didn’t make me misty eyed.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
We’ve never had a dog. I didn’t want one because I want to be able to pick up and go any time. Well, we don’t pick up and go any time anyway, so now I’m open to a dog.
as first time dog people, we aren’t really sure where to start
wife wants limited shedding
i want limited barking
we both want something that doesn’t look or act scary
we want playful and friendly
we dont want anything too big

because we’ve never cared for a dog before, we’re not sure we are the right people for a rescue

what does the erbb think?