Does this work for better posture?

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
I notice at my desk I slouch a bit.

Does this work for better or is it just stupid gimmick?

Last edited by a moderator:

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
more of a reminder. what is the defn of good posture?
I'm guessing that if you start to slouch you will feel some sort of tug. I'll also bet you get acclimatized and it loses effectiveness.

Good posture was explained to me thus- imagine you have a hook attached to the top/back of your skull (exactly above the spine). It helps if you can grab a lock of hair in that area, assuming you have some. Now pull up. You will feel your neck extend and and your back elongate as though your butt would pull off your chair and your chin moves back towards your neck. Voila! Good posture

Reactions: QuadFin

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I got one 2 weeks ago. $15. Not much to lose if it didnt work. I feel less tension in my upper back and neck.

Reactions: Havoc

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
You are trying to active the muscles of your mid back, which is lower traps and lats. It should feel like they are wrapping back around the spine. This is a subtle sensation.

I like doing the opposite oof that thing, looping my arms through a light band in front of me. So it runs across my chest and then pulling back with my elbows and upper arms.

The light tension actually makes holding the position easier to do.

I think because it activate the lower traps and lats.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I'm guessing that if you start to slouch you will feel some sort of tug. I'll also bet you get acclimatized and it loses effectiveness.

Good posture was explained to me thus- imagine you have a hook attached to the top/back of your skull (exactly above the spine). It helps if you can grab a lock of hair in that area, assuming you have some. Now pull up. You will feel your neck extend and and your back elongate as though your butt would pull off your chair and your chin moves back towards your neck. Voila! Good posture
If those things work they work as a cuing device.